Best Posts in Thread: 34, Single, Miserable?

1. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    What are your hobbies and interests?
    That's always the best start to meeting someone more suitable to your tastes.
    If I were looking to meet someone not through electronics, I'd take up a class in something that would hold my interest and be more likely to attract a less stereotypical dude like boxing or a martial arts class and wear a t-shirt that would be an interesting conversation opener like my Superman one or one of my custom jerseys.
    The natural question I get from the jersey is who's number is 68? or I don't recognize that name, who's that player?
    Outside of work and in the street I have a very unapproachable demeanor but something little and subtle like the shirt does spark interest in the bold.
    Do you and your friends do any physical activities together, like laser tag, bike riding, bowling or ball?
    Those setting are also good for meeting regular dudes.
    Not all are 100% but it could be a start and worth a try.
    Hope it works out for you.

2. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Leave Atl n come to NYC! I love a long, lanky guy. For real tho, it speaks volumes that sooo many men in gaytl have the same story. Im on the outside looking in, but it really baffles me that dating isn't much easier there.

3. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    This is fascinating. I, for the life of me, cannot understand how there are so many close-to and over 30 yr-old dudes here who live in Atlanta (!!!!) are having problems finding "quality dudes". It truly baffles me.

I've barely dated since I'm a busy person. The guys that stepped to me most recently were at one of the hospitals where I work. And now I'll never, ever $hit where I eat again!

Do you really think you're that shy? Because it sounds like you're an introvert who can at least masquerade as an extrovert. Use it. Now I'm unlikely to allow someone to approach me while I'm picking out groceries. Sometimes my patients are shopping too. Ugggh, it's hella awkward. But I'm game everywhere else. So, you're into music. Well, that young-looking dude playing trumpet at church? He's actually doing a very decent job up there-woahhhh that note was high! And he isn't that unfortunate looking. Is he single? Obviously. Into girls? HA! So come up and say hi, ask me how long I've been playing for, the make of my trumpet. I'll answer and the conversation will be great! I sit in the middle section, but need to be close to the front to actually play. There's plenty of time to talk to me- I need to stick around for a few minutes after church to clean up, put away my stand, talk about the practice and performance schedule with the team. And that's just me. If you're at church and there's a 1)black dude 2)ON THE PRAISE TEAM (really it doesn't matter if singing/pianist/other instrumentalist) 3)who is probably single, it's kind of a dead ringer. And that's outside of age/occupation (I won't volunteer age/occupation unless asked). The difference in relative percentage of gay dudes on stage vs in the congregation is HUGE. 5 dudes on stage? At least 1 is gay- so that's a 20% chance! It's like shooting fish in a frigging barrel. I'd like to think that I'm a quality dude. So, approach a black musician today! You'll bag one soon enough.

No success story from me today- give me a few months, I think I'm seeing movement.

Now, a few questions. Haven't your friends at least tried to set you up with someone? What are the expectations in one's 30s in terms of dating? How picky are you? Any hang-ups on type of work, height, attractiveness etc? I understand hang-ups on values, so I'm ok with that. But I've never believed in "the one"; I only believe in good/bad/terrible matches.

4. over-it

over-it Only the REAL

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Great advice bro! My main hobby is music. Creating, listening, and anything pretty much involving music. My friends and I do physical activities like horseback riding, bowling, volleyball, baseball, basketball, and flag football. Honestly, we don't do that stuff enough for any bites to really stick. Now that the weather is heating up though, I'm gonna encourage the squad to do more of that. I love the idea of taking some sort of class. Never thought of that. Basically I need to mix it up and get out there more. I hear you! Thanks for the great advice!