Best Posts in Thread: Today is Cypher Avenue's 5th Birthday: Share Gifs, Ave Memories, What You Love About The Site

1. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I am most grateful for the advice @Nick Delmacy & @Ockydub have provided to me. I love the majority of the podcasts especially the roundtable podcasts and the interview podcasts. I love the articles.

As far as the members of the site, it has been a beautiful experience getting to know them off line. Meeting up with them and even seeing how the dudes I know out of ATL became great friends to my twin brother when he moved out to ATL.

I wish Cypher Avenue nothing but the best. The email exchanges I had during the site's incarnation and during the Discreet City days were a huge part in me becoming the man I am today. Especially when I initially began meeting with the members via Google Hangouts. I learned that I was not alone and I learned to LOVE MYSELF. My transition from being a paranoid and closeted black gay man to becoming a man who simply lives his life without wearing "gay" on his sleeve blows my mind. I am not here to throw gay in the world's face BUT I am glad that I do what I want to do when I want to do it. I support all men on here being who they were born to be. Just be yourself. My visit to Tabernacle Baptist Church last night helped me to see the black gay men and women all in different phases of life and that no one is alone. The main thing I want for everyone to know is that life really begins to become AMAZING when we become authentic and transparent. The more we speak our truth and live our truth, things get easier and we get closer to that light within us. Our light begins to shine more. We begin to illuminate the world with the beautiful soul that lies within and we provide an example for those coming behind us and even those around us. Never apologize for being who you are.

Thank you - @Nick Delmacy @Ockydub @Michael @lyriq88 @ControlledXaos @KritiKal Analysis @SB3 @DreG @JNH412 @questforknowledge @cypher21 @NikR @ColumbusGuy @DC. @Pathology18 And to all the other amazing men I have had great conversations and meetups with off of the site.

#BEYOU #BETRUE #LIVEYOURTRUTH #CYPHERAVENUE #DISCREETCITY

2. bisonboy

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I truly feel like I have been apart of DC/CA since the inception of time. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I am starting to be more consistently active and actually making connections with guys from here offline.

3. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    Firstishly, I'm appreciative for the podcasts....I'd actually never listened to any podcasts until I started with Cypher Avenue.
    They never not bring a smile or a laugh every blood red moon that they happen to appear

Secondishly, I appreciate the founders @Ockydub & @Nick Delmacy for providing their unapologetic voices and perspectives to us and the world at large and this 'safe' space free of toxic diva worship and displays of white twink worship.

Thirdishly, I appreciate the ironic friendships and buddy-ships Ive developed with some members on and offline. (Good thing I have an unlimited data/text plan)

4. Fanon

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Happy birthday Cypher Avenue!!!
    [​IMG]

I haven't been here very long (bout a week), but I would say the alternative perspective(s) both from forum members and Nick and Ocky. I may not always agree, but it's always good to listen (well in this case read) other people's opinions. That and no drama (i.e. troll accounts, unnecessary pettiness, bash threads, etc.). Lol

5. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    [​IMG]

Bruh, five years strong! Five years ago today we shared our first blog post ever on Discreet City/Cypher Avenue!

[​IMG]

Nick Delmacy & Ocky Williams. Two black brothers unabashedly showing the entire online world a different way to be gay.

[​IMG]

Who knew that this would attract an entire of Squad of men just like us from all over the globe. With a-alike connections and meet-ups now happening all over the United States, this has long since become a genuinely dope community.

Enough self-aggrandizing, we want to celebrate with all of you!

[​IMG]

So join in our mutual celebration and share your favorite party gif and memes!

Tell all of us your favorite Discreet City/Cypher Avenue memory!

Or just tell us what you love most about Cypher Avenue!

[​IMG]

6. KritiKal Analysis

KritiKal Analysis "Be the Standard, Not the Substitute..." DMCureton
    Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I began to follow the site right when it was on the cusp of becoming Cypher Avenue - during the days of Discreet City. I happened upon the site one Saturday while I was surfing the net. How I found it, I'm not sure but it has become a place for me to vibe and kick it with like-minded individuals and build networks of support that I never thought I would have. I have gained two ride or die, best friends from this site; and a plethora of people who I can count on for support and who genuinely care about MY well being...not just how large my member is or how well I use it.

I have loved the podcasts, some of the forums and most importantly I have LOVED the squad members who I have connected with on this site and who have been open to meet/become kool outside of this site. These are the people who I get phone calls from and who's cities I can visit and always know that I have someone to kick it with. I've learned much from everyone with whom I've interacted and its my wish on our birthday that in another 5 years, this site can become even better. I also wish that the networking that began with a few will continue and grow to be the network that is recognized by many more.

Happy Birthday Cypher Avenue and Happy Birthday to all the Squad Members!

JohnDoe, SB3, BlackguyExecutive and 4 others dapped this.
  7. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3

Daps Received:
    Hoodrat-Movement.jpg

Nothing else to be said. Happy bday!

8. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    Happy Birthday CA! @Nick Delmacy and @Ockydub you gents have built a wonderful fraternal community! I am exciting to see what the next five years will bring. However, don't get too mainstream. Just mainstream enough to pay y'alls bills and you can be the creatives you are without having to work as hard as you do!!
    [​IMG]

9. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
  10. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux

Daps Received:
    This site went from sporadic viewing for me,to an exciting place to share stuff I can't anywhere else.I'm glad it's sustained and evolved over the years.
    • Favorite things
    • Verbal Duels (which I fondly call Shade-offs) with @Nick Delmacy
    • @Ockydub and his Relationship Podcasts
    • (Being late for)The Roundtable that evolved into a lot of our off-site interactions(and then zoning out towards the end...I was sleepy).I've met some of my favorite people on the planet as a result of that .
    • @African King ,his energy,and his journey. I have high hopes that he will be in full-fleged thot territory by this time next year.Fingers crossed[​IMG]
    • Everyone who comes here and gains the confidence to be himself:salute:
    • The squad for inviting my weird azz into their lives
    Michael_Jackson_The_Drill_They_Don_t_Care_Abous_Us_Intro_for_This_Is_It (1).gif

11. cuspofbeauty

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Happy Birthday
    [​IMG]

JohnDoe, SB3, BlackguyExecutive and 3 others dapped this.
  12. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I wasn't going to post anything, but after reading the posts, especially by bisonboy and African King, I was moved, so I will say something.

The way the site, the founders, and the great guys on here have reached out to young men like these two is so commendable. I don't know African King but through this site and his posts I know his story, and it really shows how much of a real difference you guys have made in his life-and obviously others. To be able to do that is an amazing thing-it really is.

Also I would like to say thank you to the founders of this site and many of the members for being extremely accepting, open, and (in my case IMO) somewhat forgiving to others. I now will never be able to look at many things the same way again and I am a better person and am becoming a better person for being a part of this site. Thank you very much for that.

I hope to congratulate you both again on your tenth anniversary so keep up the great work.

picard clap.gif

#16 ColumbusGuy, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    JohnDoe, SB3, BlackguyExecutive and 3 others dapped this.
  13. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux

Daps Received:
  14. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Love it all keep up the great work!

15. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Waaaat?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, let's see.... It's really cool connecting with similar types of guys especially when you don't feel like you have ever really fit in with The Gays. I have meet some cool dudes from here online and offline and it's good having bonds with people and not feeling so isolated. I also like to read other people's POV on things and many things have come up in the threads that I have never considered before so it's good to learn. Also, I am glad that there's a few people who I know have benefited from my experiences and lessons so that they don't have to go though some of the things I went through.

So thanks @Ockydub and @Nick Delmacy for coming together (prolly over some dranks) and coming up with the idea for this site and connecting all of us rapscallions.

PS: I hope none of yall are ever able to unsee the "Wat Lady" above. If I had to be forced to see it, y'all muhfuhs go to too.

JohnDoe, SB3, ColumbusGuy and 1 other person dapped this.
  16. 850famuman

850famuman Lonely Legend

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Happy 5th Birthed Date, Cypherians!!!! [​IMG]

#14 850famuman, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016