Best Posts in Thread: Why do people cheat?

1. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    1) It's human nature
    2) We don't know any better
    3) We can get away with it

Very short, blunt answers but here's my explanation:
    1) We are different from animals because of our intellect and some other stuff, but when you break it down, people are animals and behave as such. Male animals fight to get the booty from the female and she often picks the stronger one, the one with the prettiest feathers or the biggest throat. She has her kids, and in most cases, dude animal has gone on bout his business, chillin wit his boys (ex. Lions). Fidelity, as it was mentioned, is an ethical, religious AND social construct. We are kinda instunctually prone to going after the next best thing.

2) Despite the influence of morals on the concept of fidelity, it happens a lot because it's all we see and have seen and we dont know better. It's no excuse, but families have been broken from some time, with kids often knowing their parents are unhappy and sometimes stepping out on the other parent. (Parents stay together, "for the kids," but are often doing more harm than good). The message it sends adult kids is that as long as you keep the family together, it's ok. We have limited examples of solid, good home environments, so we often don't think of all the implications of cheating.
    3) These days , its just easy to. Plain and simple.

2. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    As much as I'd like to drag the Flying Spaghetti Monster into this, you can't lay all the blame on religion. Plenty of non-religious, agnostic and atheists have been scum in relationships.

Remember, fidelity is also an ethical and legal concept not just religious. My dad never attended church a day in his/my life and he was a serial adulterer. One reason I so am so hard on cheaters and adulterers is that there are non-religious items involved; e.g. a cheating spouse introducing an STD/STI to unknowing spouse, effects on kids (even gays and lesbians adopt), etc. I think I've stated before that I support open relationships, even polygamy and polyandry (yeah, I know all the Modern Family gays ain't down with that), but that's ONLY if all parties agree to terms ahead of commencement. So, in my parent's case, I still consider my late father to be an Anthony Wiener/Bill Clinton type scum because my mother signed up for a traditional marriage not philandering. One of the parties violated the contract.

As a side note, glad to see Huma Abedin finally dropped Weiner's ass. Why do powerful women like her and Sect. Clinton think they need to settle? Hell, Jackie O went from a president to a billionaire without a second thought. Women (and us guys too) do have options....

Fanon, Tyroc, Sean and 1 other person dapped this.
  3. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Many people like having sex and plenty of people like having sex with multiple or different partners. This was not/never a problem with the majority of cultures around the world until religion by way of European Christian colonialism in the 1400 / 1500s made it a problem.

Everything else or the "causes of" are not addressing the root and its disastrous implementations and flaws.

If you want to be in a committed relationship with one person, that's fine but its not the historical norm by any means.