Best Posts in Thread: CA Podcast #57 - The "Instagram Thirst Trap" Episode

1. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Damn @Ockydub , we had the same f#%kin workout schedule. I did the 6-7 days a week, 2-4hrs at a time for about 6 months and the results were great, to be totally honest. I slacked off a little from listenin' to muhf$%kaz tellin' me "oh...you workin out too much"..."ohhh, you doin too much cardio, you gonna burn away your muscle"..."uhhh, duh duh duhduh duh duhhhhh" and then sadly, eventually I stopped altogether. But that was mainly because my freelance side hustle was pickin' up and that paper was lookin' good. I rationalized that I got this bangin' body and still couldn't meet er' muhf$ka so, might as well drop it and settle in and make some money. I've honestly been tryin to get back on it now for 2yrs but it's hard, dude. It's like I still got in the back of my mind "f@#k it, all that work for nothin', anyways so why bother" because on some real shit, I wasn't doin' it to be healthy, not with the way I smoke. It was purely aesthetic.

I tried/ am trying the Personal Trainer thing, and I took a break from him because I have some other obligations comin up but...my trainer is actually pretty good. I didn't get a meal plan per se but, he gave me pointers and recommendations on better eating, this veggie/fruit/fiber shake thing I need to drink 60oz of a day, and I get 1hr 30min sessions. He's not cheap, but he doesn't break my wallet either, but to your point, on some real shit it has to be 4-5 days a week, on a strict meal plan, and hardcore training to see any results with a trainer. Me and him have talked about that. I just cant afford 5 days a week with this dude, not now at least. I'll start back with dude in November but I do think about another point yous made. Not that I'm attracted to dude... he fly as f#%k, but I'm not in it for that, but...I do think that maybe in the back of my mind, I'm really just payin' to have a workout partner because I can't find a workout partner of my own volition. My only close friend here in NYC is my cousin and he can't work out with me (too weak). Everyone else I know is lazy as f#%k and/or can't work out with me because of their strength level or, they just don't want to work out with me. So yeah, maybe psychologically I'm paying for a workout buddy {that doesn't really workout with me smh LOL}

Last point, that whole thing about not dating because one thinks they aren't in optimal shape, definitely applies to me. I feel like with "so many" IG Model and Physical Trainer looking dudes and Runway Model lookin dudes walkin the city, who the f#$k wants a "ol' regular a$$ dude" like me (obviously no one LOL). So I kinda just stay off in my own little "world" and watch everyone else.

#10 alton, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  2. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I have four tattoos on my arms and each tattoo I got during my stint in the military. They have some sort of sentimental meaning. I don't mind tattoos on others as long as they are on your body. I HATE FACE tattoos.

Interesting commentary on drinking and sex. When I was a very young gay, I use to have to be drunk to engage in relations or feel free enough not to care. 10 years later, I drink because I enjoy a nice aged scotch or wine.

3. Cypher-Avenue

Site Founder

Daps Received:
    [​IMG]

Brehs, we present to you a new episode of the CYPHER AVENUE PODCAST where you’ll hear us give updates, engage in heated topic debates, interviewing interesting homosexual men of color and us verbally adding on to the articles posted on the website. The episodes will be available in four ways: You can listen to them on the site, watch on YouTube, download a MP3 version or subscribe to us on iTunes or YouTube for automatic updates!

In this podcast, Cypher Avenue co-founders Octavius Williams and Nick Delmacy discuss if Overly Tattooed Men Are Sexy or Just Gross, Misleading Thirst Trapping Instagram Personal Trainers, Sexual Hangups & Anxieties and activist Ocky’s recent issues with Black Lives Matter as a Gay Black Man.

DOWNLOAD LINK: