30 and Up

Discussion in 'Mental, Medical and Sexual Health' started by grownman, May 9, 2016.

1. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Alright, so I have been debating whether to post this video because it's very telling. But, I wanted to share it. This blogger I followed for years before he signed off. I don't know him-but this video is a huge help. Hopefully it will be to you as well. His name is Xem Van Adams.

Tyroc dapped this.
  2. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I used to watch his videos when he posted more regularly. He seemed like an intelligent, thoughtful, sometimes troubled guy. I appreciate people sharing internal struggles that are often kept hidden.

grownman dapped this.
  3. redsai84

redsai84 For the night is dark and full of terrors.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    nice post i use to look at his vids and i can also relate to what he is saying i sometime feel the same

grownman dapped this.
  4. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Good to hear from you. I always enjoy your perspectives.

Jaa dapped this.
  5. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Hmmm. I can't decide how I feel about that video.

First off, I can't imagine being in that position. The idea of not knowing what you're doing with you life by that age is scary af, I'm sure.

I have a friend now who's turning 27 soon and he's trying to break out into the entertainment world but I fear he's going to end up just like that dude in the video.

But on the real, I wonder at what point he decided to start that journey. Honestly, for certain things, if you don't start at the right time, you have a much smaller chance of breaking into the field. You have to have realized when deciding to pursue entertainment, that you were taking a large gamble, especially at such a late age.

I also got the impression that he was placing blame in every other circumstance instead of trying to figure out what he could have possibly done wrong.

I sympathize solely with the idea of lacking security in your life but because I don't know him or his journey, I can't simply take his words at face value.

Winston Smith and Omega Level dapped this.
  6. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Yeah, I sympathize with him like takeeyourmeds91 said, but I got absolutely nothing from this video. I know as a human being its hard to stay positive 100% of the time, but thats where hard work begins. The hard work to stay positive, confident, visualize what you would like to manifest, and continue to work at doing it.

Will it happen over night? Maybe, maybe not. But I know what will never be the answer is feeling down about it and posting a youtube video along with a "melancholy, whoa is me" soundtrack to emphasize your emotional state.

Some may say, "its just sharing" and I can see that point of view. But I have always known, the UNIVERSE is a SUCKER. And what ever you feed it, it will believe and show that to you. So if you continue to feed eat "I'm getting old in my 30s, i have no career, no one wants me" even if its in the back thoughts of your mind, than thats what will happen. Yet along, if you bring those thoughts to an open Video form where it can be played on repeat CONSTANTLY, for the energy to respond to that state. SERIOUSLY? Wow

And I don't know this dude, but based on the facial expressions and lay out of the video, even the way it ended. No positivity, No "ok, I'm just sharing this, but I'm going to keep fighting and I WILL get whats mine'', just nothing. It suggest that this way of thinking has always played in the back of his mind probably even longer than he realizes. And as always, the Universe responded.

7. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    I hope he's able to fight off his depression and conquer his demons.

8. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I've seen this brother's videos before, hope he's in a good space with support. Yeah, I was there once, about the same age. Funny thing is, while I felt like next to zero at that point in life, I actually accomplished MORE after 30 than I did before that age. So, this moment in his life will be defining. The thing to remember is not to focus on age, focus on what you want and map it out. Don't get caught up in the age-milestone as much as ensuring your progress is sure and steady. For example, most of the big names in fast food (Ray Croc-McDonalds, Harlan Sanders-KFC, Dave Thomas-Wendys) made their names after 40 or 50. But before that point, they were working their plans.

I just encourage folk to just keep on trying new things, evolving and changing goals, etc. Even the old plans you might have had still got a theoretical shot as long as you're living and breathing. You don't know what might be in store after 30. Glad I lived long enough to understand what Bob Dylan meant when he sang, "I was so much older then, I'm younger that now."