Best Posts in Thread: Other Boys, NYC

1. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I was watching some god-forsaken webseries and ran across a couple of interviews with g/b/t dudes currently living in NYC. For the most part, no one got on a big-ole soapbox to scream and cry. They all just talk about growing up, coming to terms with their identities, insecurities about feeling unwanted and unloved, and how their perspectives have changed after years of interacting with dudes like themselves. I thought this was refreshing, especially since they are short snapshots. And yes, some of them are ridiculously attractive- cause life isn't fair lol.

There are about 30 of these. Here are a few;

Super symmetric, deliciously dark-skinned, Jamaican finance dude

Bearded dude on navigating multiple identities.

Dude who realized, "oh shit, there are MORE of me!" and then stopped giving a fuck lol.

Um....yum. That is all.

Does anything here speak to you?

For me, one of the dudes spoke about his grannie policing his masculinity and how uncomfortable that was. That resonated with me- not since my Grannie has done that, but because shortly after I came out to my sister, she started asking me, "what's with your pants, why are you crossing your legs sometimes?" And that bugged me. It did. A bunch of you all have met me, and y'all know I come across as a regular dude- mildly humorous, understanding...and yeah, pretty masculine. The voice helps. Anyways, I just hate being other-ized and made to feel self-conscious. Just leave me be!!!

#1 NikR, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017