Best Posts in Thread: So if I don't like Rompers that means my Masculinity is toxic and fragile...OK

1. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Maybe Im a lil confused or dont understand fashion. I thought "rompers" or what ever you call it were just a hipster term for coveralls or male onesies/jumpsuits that men have been wearing since the 70s including mechanics, and airforce air pilot suits....and wait wouldn't farmer overalls be roomers too? :lupe1::yeshrug:

For me I have no problem with the "hispter rompers". its just that the current ones I have seen ain't for my body type. If I was trying to be fashionable instead of "rompers" I would just wear classic overalls. I could something like these :

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. NickAuzenneNOLA

The Great Debater The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I don't think it makes your masculinity toxic or fragile personally if you don't like it for yourself however, if you police other people's masculinity or view them as somehow less masculine because of that fashion choice, yes bro your masculinity is toxic and fragile. It's the same kind that has boxed black men specifically in for years. Not allowing black dudes to have any different way to express themselves but the universal methods we all know is toxic all day.

3. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Well I for one, got too much booty and thigh meat to be shoe horning my thick ass in a damned onesie.

That being said, I could see me rocking a kilt tho..

4. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Me not wanting to dress effeminate means my masculinity is fragile and or toxic?

Also...WTF is LGBTQIAP

Cyrus-Brooks, Dante, Sean and 2 others dapped this.
  5. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Thank you for asking...

NO

...but as a man if take my plaid shirt and tie the ends in knots around my belly its now effeminate.
    [​IMG]

The type/style of the romper AND how the men wear them is what make this more feminine in nature. To me this basic understanding is what's lost in 99% of the online/social media discussions around this issue.

The dude below in the black romper...the romper looks hella effeminate and I can make a logically conclusion the kat is fem leaning as well. Why is this controversial? I can't make this observation why...because of reasons? Or is it Queer/Feminist culture never will miss an opportunity to be outraged by anybody who dares critique anything LGBTQ in addition to never passing up a chance to demonize masculinity.

#27 OckyDub, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  6. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    No @Ockydub, of course you not liking rompers does not mean your masculinity is toxic and fragile.

The op-ed writer and any other person, gay or straight, is reaching if they think just because a person may not like the romper, they are hyper masculine looking down on those that wear it as feminine. Some ignorant people may see it that way, others just may not like it for the sake of it not being their style. Its ok not to like something, ITS DAMN CLOTHES.

On the other end,

The romper thing is nothing new. In fact I saw episodes of Good Times with more than one male character wearing it. The current marketing and black social media representation of it shows it with flowers, pastel colors, and even off the shoulder. Basically making fun of it and viewing men that may attempt to wear the style as "less of a man".

As @mojoreece displayed with his great pictures, the style can be very masculine and actually kinda fly. There are definitely men that will be able to pull it off.

Everyone can freely have their opinion about it sure, but people that think just because a person doesn't like it equates them to be a homophobic asshole is just ass bad as the people who think that men who would wear rompers makes them effeminate or less than a man.

#7 Omega Level, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017