Best Posts in Thread: 5 Reasons Why Gay Men Love To ‘Do’ Sunday Brunch

1. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    6.They spent all night at the club and didn't wake up until 1145 so by the time they woke up, kicked out the one night stand, and showered, brunch was the de facto food option.

Pacifistgod, SB3, OckyDub and 7 others dapped this.
  2. questforknowledge

Bae Material Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I def love me some brunch on a Saturday or a Sunday lol. It may be the highlight of my weekend lol. But personally breakfast is my favorite meal of the day period. I never really looked at the bunch thing as a gay thing though, I've gone out to brunch with plenty of my straight friends and their friends several times. I always looked at brunch as just a popular thing in American culture. I don't think it's a big deal when you step away from the US.

3. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    hey, I LOVE sunday brunch. I just never thought it was a gay popculture thing.... i just go because i am craving some good ol blueberry waffles and cheesy omelettes after a long week. I usually go with my str8 friends once every 2 weeks or so. we talk politics,football and of course women.

Pacifistgod, SB3, mojoreece and 3 others dapped this.
  4. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Yea, thats hilarious. I have seen some straight people have the same issues many years ago. Especially straight black folk. :ravetho:

I think it depends on your circle and the people you go with. Every time I have went the group have always been pretty upwardly mobile gay men who would laugh at the notion of counting to see who had what.

We would all order whatever we want, drink as much as we want and just place 6 cards in the middle of the table for them to split the bill 6 ways evenly. Than the tip was a combination of cash as well as added gratuity on the bill.

Easy breezy. If issues with payment ever becomes a problem with those you go out with, time to change up that friend circle ASAP.

SB3, mojoreece, ControlledXaos and 2 others dapped this.
  5. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    LOL I can't with you. I have actually only gone to one brunch where the "yaaassss honey" actually happened. I only knew what brunch was after moving to ATL. While in Houston, I never did brunch or knew what it was but it is definitely a part of "gay culture" so to speak. The main reason why I have enjoyed the brunches I've been to out here are for the conversations and associating with many of the black gay professionals. I enjoy being around other black gay men who are really doing well financially out here. They have their own businesses and/or good positions at their places of work. They always inspire me and motivate me to go for being the best. Since I've been out here, everyone has been really nice for the most part. I can't complain.

6. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Well I know I am. Or use to be. LOL.

I remember Sundays during the fall in New York. The weather was all crisp, but sunny and perfect. We would meet at a spot at 1pm and eat like crazy, drink even more crazy and didn't want the day to end.

We would go from there, to a picnic party, to a bar, to a early evening club, and back eating at 8pm. Throughout the day meeting new dudes and potential dates. I wouldn't get home until damn near 10pm completely hammered from being out ALL DAY.

Next day I would be at work looking CRAZY holding starbucks, but dammit it was so worth it. GOODTIMES :pachah1:

7. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    And one would think that after all this brunching going on, The Gays® would know how to properly split a bill and tip. :kermit:

8. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I like food, I like drinks and I like eating breakfast for lunch....but I don't like Brunch. Especially with a gaggle of gays. I think its the years in Atlanta of seeing groups of men with feminine accents and too-tight sweaters and/or long-sleeved shirts, loudly "ki ki-ing" in public restaurants that have turned me against the concept. It seems classier when women do it. You rarely hear them screaming "Yasss Honey!" from across the room.

Pacifistgod, SB3, OckyDub and 1 other person dapped this.