Best Posts in Thread: Refusal to get tested for STD’s while in a relationship

1. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Bro...this is your life. You shouldn't want to be with someone who doesn't value your life the way you do.

Getting tested should never be an argument.

I-Stay-Woke, ColumbusGuy, Lancer and 7 others dapped this.
  2. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Getting tested for HIV and STDs should not be this difficult. It should be very important to a person. Any body that's reluctant to do it is mad suspect; huge red flag.

This is emotional manipulation
    :camby: PLEASE Kick that n#### to the curve NOW!:ufdup:

I-Stay-Woke, ColumbusGuy, Lancer and 5 others dapped this.
  3. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I know multiple people who didn't get HIV from an untrusted source, but from a trusted source. In fact, the first guy I ever slept with only told me that he was HIV positive the week after we fucked. He was "trusted". He was positive because he trusted his then boyfriend years ago.

If I was wearing my white coat, and you were sitting in the chair across from me as my patient, I would say, "I'm very concerned about you and this relationship. Firstly, you need to consider starting PrEP ASAP to protect yourself from HIV and get tested for all other STIs. After all, this is your health- you can take control of it. Also...this dude sounds like bad news. [insert very serious doctor side eye]"

But since you're not my patient, and this is the interwebs, imma say, "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS RELATIONSHIP!!!!!! RUN. DON'T WALK. RUN. RUN GOD-DAMMIT RUN."

I've seen this movie before- it doesn't end well.

4. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
  5. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    "I hadn’t been with anyone else, where as he made it clear that he had been with many individuals, but always had safe sex."

Please forgive curtness as I've been watching a lot of Judge Judy lately...but is he the only dick or ass left on the planet?

[​IMG]

-It could be dude has had unprotected sex and is afraid to get tested because he is afraid of the results.

-Great, condoms protect you from HIV but you said you're paranoid about STI's so does that mean yall still do oral with no known test results for hepatitis, herpes, etc?

If somebody else created this thread, what would you tell them? You not having sex with him means nothing because you already know he is with other dudes, so his needs will get fulfilled.

What answers are you looking for or what conclusions do you need that your instincts aren't already telling you?

I-Stay-Woke, ColumbusGuy, Lancer and 3 others dapped this.
  6. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    A close friend of mine went through this exact same experience. That is a huge red flag man. You always need to be in relationship who values YOUR health just as much as YOU do. If he really cares about you, then he would follow you to go get tested.

Another friend of mine was in a similar situation to your own and put a lot of trust in the partner. He did not trust his intuition and ended up HIV +. This is not to scare you but thank God your outcome was in your favor. I just want you to know @Desh92 that most new cases of HIV do arise from black gay/bi men in relationships.

Put yourself first and don't be afraid of being alone.

I-Stay-Woke, ColumbusGuy, Lancer and 3 others dapped this.
  7. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    That was a word and signs are written all over the wall. Seriously man, there's no reason why he should be up there crying over taking an STD test and then trying to redirect the whole conversation to lack of trust. This thing about it is that you can trust someone while also recognizing that they are not infallible - people make mistakes, do things they shouldn't, can be very remorseful about it, and still never tell their partner.

It's very concerning that if he's not getting his way on this issue (which is a very important issue) then how is he going to treat you in the long-term?

I understand it from both sides but I don't play about my health. I'd rather be single for the rest of my days than to be with someone who isn't taking my life seriously - more fish in the sea, etc

Based on what you said, it something about him I don't trust anyway