1. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
  2. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    This was well done.This was a black man using art to deliver a message,and it was done so effectively in my opinion. The interpretation I had was black folks want to be happy and free,but we have tt remember we are seen as targets,and have social ills disrupting our peace.

3. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:

Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino drops provocative single and video entitled, "This is America." In the same vein of J.Cole's recent album, he deliveres commentary on the state of America, with a focus on the Black experience. Concept and production were amazing. So many layers.

Some of the comments on social media were disheartening though. From what I've read so far, the conversation has focused on his dancing and him possibly being a little "sweet" which to that I would respond that they completely missed the element of caricature in the piece.

On a somewhat larger scale, people (mostly black women, go figure) are questioning his ability to be pro-black while also being with a white woman and having mixed kids (what a novel argument, right?) To that, I'd respond get the fuck out of here. That's a very narrow view. Hell, Ben Carson is married to a Black woman and look how problematic he is. In past interviews, Glover has been noted saying that while growing up he was often rejected by black women as a "white-sounding", black nerd. Many believe this has pushed him to expand into the realm of white wimminz which isn't unreasonable. Again, Black women feel that they are owed Black men. How are you going to dictate who I can and can't love?

Anyway! Watch the video and give me you guys' first impressions!