Best Posts in Thread: American Black Film Festival (ABFF)

1. machoBLKnerd

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    every june, i take a trip to miami beach -- sometimes with a summer body, sometimes with just a body in summer -- for the american black film festival. about 10 years ago, i started traveling to film festivals (toronto, blackstar, los angeles, sundance, new voices in black cinema) across north america. before the black renaissance in film and television when you'd rarely find us on the big screen, these annual events (some black-focused, some not) helped me to watch fresh stories about us and see upcoming black actors in quality roles.

while i'm not the biggest blockbuster moviegoer and don't frequent the theater often outside of attending these events -- i just saw black panther last week -- i am a huge indie film lover and supporter of black filmmaking. my favorite event at festivals is generally the short film showcase, but i am looking forward to this year's talk with black panther director, ryan cooler. abff also has industry events such as master classes, show premieres, and industry parties, so it's an all around great time.

consider checking it out if you're ever looking for a summer event and a reason to visit miami in addition to the cuties.

20180524_091844.png

#1 machoBLKnerd, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018