Best Posts in Thread: The Lone Bisexual?

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Dear Bisexual Brothers,
    Want to get your voices, expressions and experiences to Cypher Avenue readers? Here is how you can submit your articles or essays:

1. Please submit your idea or work through email to Submission@cypheravenue.com with the subject “ARTICLE SUBMISSION – Your full name or pseudonym”.
    2. Please include a link to your blog, website or social media profiles (if any are available).
    3. Include 1-3 photos of your work (if available). You don’t have to be able to design the posts — we will handle that for all guest bloggers and contributors.
    4. Please name the post or column if you have an idea for one. If not, we will handle that as well.
    5. If selected, we will notify you by email of our decision and advise you when your submission is published.
    6. All contributors are Volunteer (for the time being).

I may add its also helpful to cc Ockywilliams@gmail & Nickdelmacy@gmail.

We will be waitin on yo submissions at da door:foxxxy:

2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I think many other men here are attracted to women to some degree, they just prefer men mostly.

So how about this. Since you feel like you're the only true bisexual dude on The Boards and bisexuality is so nuanced as you put it, instead of us telling you about how we view bisexuality, how about you give your own testimony and story to add to the collective backgrounds here.

Tell us about the process of finally accepting your Bisexuality...

Tell us about your interactions with heteros as a bisexual black man...

Your interactions with homos as bisexual black man...

Is dating better from having more options or worse from being stuck in the middle...

Do you feel like you don't fit in anywhere? Or do you feel like you have the best of both worlds because you can blend in everywhere...

3. NickAuzenneNOLA

The Great Debater The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    What's up fellas? It's come to my attention that I just might be the only active bisexual guy on The Boards! Although I can identify with most post, issues, conversations that are SGL centered my sexuality is a bit different, for obvious reasons, and is far more nuanced than I believe many understand. So I'm taking it upon myself to initiate a conversation, a space within this space for the B of the LGBT to perhaps be better understood via cultivating articles, links, videos on black male bisexuality as it truly is and not the perception of it. I want to thank @Nick Delmacy for the conversation a few days ago and inspiring me to not only be more active but also to be a voice for my little corner of Cypher Avenue.

"Discussions of sexuality, especially in Black communities, are nuanced and require further examination into what influences our acceptance of self, and the hows and whys of our disclosure choices. Our connection to religion, for example, heavily influences our ideas and behaviors related to our sexuality. Black men especially can find themselves struggling with reconciling notions of "masculinity" in a society that's emasculated them for centuries."
    -Feminista Jones

Here's one of my favorite articles discussing black male bisexuality, surprisingly written by a black woman.

[TALK LIKE SEX] Is Male Bisexuality Really Real?

When whoever wishes to join in has read the article come back here and let's "unpack" some things.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I am bisexual and I think I may have referenced that at some point. I don't make a point of it unless it is relevant. I was 27 when I had my first sexual experience with a man. Up until then, I considered myself straight, dated women, had pretty much 95% straight friends. I still have about the same amount of straight friends, still date wome, but now date men too.

Nick asked a few questions directed at NickAuzenne that I will answer.

Tell us about the process of finally accepting your Bisexuality
    I met a guy that I only expected get a quick nut with, but he decided to ask for my number and insisted on going out for drinks the next Friday. This was a first, I was naive, and he was fine. I fell for him and realized I could have the same feelings toward a man that I had toward a woman. It wasn't ask simple as that, of course. I went through the struggle most men go through when they come into the full realization of their affinity toward men; however, I had a good older friend who was bisexual to kinda mentor me through all of that. This was in my late 20s too, so I think my maturity at the time helped me deal a little bit better.

Tell us about your interactions with heteros as a bisexual black man...
    My interaction with heterosexuals has been consistent and unchanged even before my own discovery. Most people assume I'm hetero and since I'm not openly bisexual, I've never encountered a situation where interactions would be anything other than what they are.

Your interactions with homos as bisexual black man...
    Some homosexual men want nothing to do with me, some want me solely because I am bi. It's a bit of both.

Is dating better from having more options or worse from being stuck in the middle...
    Dating seems better because of more options, but at first, it started out kinda lonely because I really didn't date guys at all at first. And for a while, I didn't want to date women because of guilt and because I was trying out this whole "alternative" thing with dudes. lol. But being the truthful, trustful guy I am, I still found it hard to date, once I accepted my bisexuality because I didn't know when the right time to was to tell the woman I was seeing that I was bi. But with time, I've dealt with my own psychology and now date men and women with no qualms. And as far as dating goes, human beings are human beings when it comes to finding love. Some things you deal with because you're dealing with a man, and some things you deal with because you're dealing with a woman. But you deal with something, regardless. In fact, in a lot of instances, I forget which gender I'm dealing with. lol. It's not perfect one way or the other.

Do you feel like you don't fit in anywhere? Or do you feel like you have the best of both worlds because you can blend in everywhere...
    Both...depends on the moment. lol.

#53 Sean, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  5. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Oh yes honey...that thang can throw some shade on the low...
    [​IMG]
    But yes...this is yall's space in addition to the main site. Create some damn bisexual threads and essays. I have been reading this thread over and it could have EASILY been a post on the main site if it was formatted together...again...

We will be waitin on yo submissions at da door:foxxxy:

6. redsai84

redsai84 For the night is dark and full of terrors.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    i honestly don't get what the problem is, like breakdown to me what we said to get you so up in arms? @NickAuzenneNOLA said he felt alone like he was the only bi male on this space i reply back letting him know he is not and we should and can make more threads. look all i know is i like the boards and enjoy chatting with y'all the rest of that shit is for the birds.

(but on a side note i think @Nick Delmacy just tried throw some shade my way with that posting over 300 comments...chill i see you lol)
    [​IMG]