Best Posts in Thread: At What Age Did You Have Your Ideal Body?

1. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    26. I have a photo to prove it.

However I'm thicker with higher body fat but stronger than I was then too. So I'd say that in comparison to then and now, I cancel things out between the two different bodies.

I'm working in reigning things back in but....

FB_IMG_1454085573348.jpg

This is so true.

However, people can still get their body right, they just have to put in more effort and finding what works for them and their body. I'm working on my IIFYM numbers now.

Winston Smith, LeMignon, SB3 and 8 others dapped this.
  2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Awww, don't think like that lil homie...You know at least I fux with you

[​IMG]

LeMignon, Coltrane, cypher21 and 4 others dapped this.
  3. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    When I was 27/28 I was performing in a touring show where I had to dance topless, and in addition to the gym, the show itself was a helluva workout. Im still no gym slouch, but I was lookin pretty dope then.

Nigerian Prince, ctforbes, Tyroc and 3 others dapped this.
  4. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    Definitely. I am stretching and doing what looks like very bad things to my lacrosse balls and foam rollers for relief. My back is noticeably wider and I have knots in it I didn't know I had until I hit it with the lacrosse ball.

5. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    I hope you are joking on the alone part because people get that into their heads and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

As far as working out, you have to do that for you if you want to. You will never be able to please other people with a nice body. Even the ideal types get cheated on and done wrong. People either accept you as you are or not.

/soapbox

Tyroc, Cyrus-Brooks, SB3 and 2 others dapped this.
  6. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I've never had it. Trying to get there now and think I can be pretty close to a satisfying shape within a year. I was closest about 2 years ago at 28. I was significantly overweight for most of my life and finally got close to a recommended weight (by medical professionals, not my family) for once by changing dietary habits and being a bit more active. Dropped my clothing sizes and had less of a curvy shape for the first time.

That was cool. I was just at the upper barrier of average weight and trying to go lower yet some expressed concern, possibly because my once chubby-cheeked face looked slightly gaunt. Mom asked me to see a doctor when I had and he was happier about my weight than he'd ever been. One friend subtly inferred that he wondered if I was sick.

I think for some of them overweight is the new average and obese is their fat. They'd tell a healthy lean person that they're skinny. Reminds me of some commenters on this video saying the guy in the L2BF shirt isn't fat or just husky, which I thought most would question when he takes it off around 7:07.

There are people in much worse shape and he looks like he may have a decent amount of muscle--kinda like a more out of shape version of Prince Fielder, the baseball player that did the ESPN body issue--but I think the number of terms used to describe various overweight states and the different ways some use them has made the meanings of fat/thick/curvy/husky/chubby/cornfed/beefy/"a few extra" somewhat nebulous. Maybe my people just prefer a somewhat hefty build. They see it regularly in our extended family, at work and in their friends.

#16 Jaa, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Tyroc, SB3, ControlledXaos and 2 others dapped this.
  7. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    "Oh, whats sport did you play, Tyrone?"
    "Lacrosse. Which is also my brotha's name" LOL!!
    [​IMG]

8. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    No never do for other people because you will not remain motivated. The motivation is always best when it is intrinsic (from within).

@NickAuzenneNOLA I don't know what you're complaining about you're doing better than most on here. If I can get to where you're at now I'll be a happy camper. I've slimmed down so much from 220 to 185 in 2015. I have lean muscle gains but still have some body fat so I just want to get shredded. As much as grad school allows because anything medical is not easy but I still see some medical students and other allied health students here that are SH*TT*N ON N*GGAS! lol. I don't know their stories. Maybe they were athletes? Maybe they just grasp materials quicker? Not sure.