A Black Serial Killer? Check out the footage

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Sean, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    There is a suspected serial killer on the loose in Tampa, Florida. Given that serial killing isn't something typically associated with black folk, I find it a little intriguing that the suspect seems like a brotha.

Is this a black man walking? What do you think?

2. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Could be but he definitely isn't the first serial killer I've heard of that was black. There a couple for sure. I know one of em was in my state & he killed quite a few white women.

What I find somewhat interesting (or rather not) is that sometimes, serial killers can not only be black but they can be gay and social apps can be the hunting grounds just like that series Bait...lol

3. Dreamwalker

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Hmmm....is it fair to call this the act of a serial killer with only two victims?

Serial killer - Wikipedia

4. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    5 Myths about Serial Killers and Why They Persist [Excerpt]

Myth #2: All Serial Killers Are Caucasian.
    Reality: Contrary to popular mythology, not all serial killers are white. Serial killers span all racial and ethnic groups in the U.S. The racial diversity of serial killers generally mirrors that of the overall U.S. population. There are well documented cases of African-American, Latino and Asian-American serial killers. African-Americans comprise the largest racial minority group among serial killers, representing approximately 20 percent of the total. Significantly, however, only white, and normally male, serial killers such as Ted Bundy become popular culture icons.

Although they are not household names like their infamous white counterparts, examples of prolific racial minority serial killers are Coral Eugene Watts, a black man from Michigan, known as the “Sunday Morning Slasher,” who murdered at least seventeen women in Michigan and Texas; Anthony Edward Sowell, a black man known as the “Cleveland Strangler” who kidnapped, raped and murdered eleven women in Ohio; and Rafael Resendez-Ramirez, a Mexican national known as the “Railroad Killer,” who killed as many as fifteen men and women in Kentucky, Texas, and Illinois.

5 Myths about Serial Killers and Why They Persist [Excerpt]

List of Famous Black Serial Killers

Serial Killer Myth #6: They Are All White.

5. Dreamwalker

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:

6. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I was reading about serial killers the other day(don't ask, one of those 'come upon a story and then hooked on the topic for hours' thing.* And one thing that was mentioned about black serial killers is that they do not get the same attention as white serial killers because of systemic and institutionalized racism. This is especially true if the victims are black, and the perpetrator is also believed to be black. They gave examples including serial killers in South LA, Kansas City, San Diego, Philadelphia. The San Diego one had the most coverage and hysteria apparently-because it was known that the serial killer was a black man, and the victims were white women.

The women in South LA had to actually start protesting and forming committees and stuff to get law enforcement and the media to give the serial killer killing black women attention-there were several other serial killers at the time and they were getting all the attention-and had almost all white victims. It sucks that racial bigotry/cluelessness extends even into this subject.

*I don't know why I read up on all of the 'lust and torture' killers..I will never trust anyone again/need to buy pepper spray and deadbolts*

Also I read about how it is 'harder' to be a serial killer these days and that serial killers peaked in the 80's and have been declining since then-technology has advanced to the point where many old serial killers would have been caught very early. Better forensics, DNA testing, everyone and their mother having a cellphone, cameras installed everywhere, etc. The new 'it' murderer is the mass murderer/active shooter ala Las Vegas and Orlando(excluding good old regular terrorism).

#6 ColumbusGuy, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017