Best Posts in Thread: "About Him" Creator Boasts the Return of Tripp Ali with Launch of Streaming Site

1. Champagne Papi

Champagne Papi is a Featured MemberChampagne Papi side-n*gga paralegal
    Most Comedic Player The 1000 Daps Club Best Gifs

Daps Received:
    [​IMG]

2. TreDaDon

TreDaDon King To Be

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I think that the problem with the DL Chronicle guys is (or at least the issue) that they produce high grade quality content that can be broadcast on network TV. It's already mastered, been through legal clearance and that is extremely expensive to produce. It's also difficult to monetize and make a profit from it. I don't think they're the strongest when it comes to business side of the business. I think they thrive more on the creative side. These "chitlin' circuit" web series on the other hand violate so many laws they could get sued for any number of things from people inadvertently captured during filming, the use of unauthorized music, bad lighting, bad sound, bad cinematography and least of all bad acting, writing or directing. These guys can put out show after show of mediocre material easily.

Omega Level, Dante, SB3 and 1 other person dapped this.
  3. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    In all seriousness, cosign everything said about the web series situation. It really does sadden me to think that blk gay men keep showing up for this bullshyt. I guess for many, any reflection of themselves, no matter how ridiculous, terrible, or cringe-worthy is better than nothing at all.

And for what it's worth, I can imagine that for a lot of guys who aren't, haven't been or (let's be honest), prob never will be lusted after like some of the guys in these series, the appeal is living through them vicariously.

#2 SB3, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017