Best Posts in Thread: "About Him" Lead Actor Brandon Karson Fired, Departs From Popular Web Series

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I don't hate the courage to get on camera and depict our struggles and sexual desires as black gay men, I just hate that it always has to be based on femininity, dating and sex.

And its all subjective, there's no RIGHT path to making in the entertainment industry. Tyler Perry famously slept in his car while making his plays back in the day, now he owns an island. Kanye West became famous by boasting he was a College Dropout. Yeah, they also happened to be extremely talented and intelligent in other ways, but the point is that piece of paper and a new leased car isn't the end all be all.

And I'm sure your employee J sometimes looks at V's minuscule success in his desired field and gets a bit envious, despite having his own home and car. I mean, yeah I have a full head of hair, over 6 feet tall, my own car/crib, etc...but I still look at some ppl with none of those attributes and get envious because they have something that I don't have but desire to have.

I think we get each other's points.

Jdudre, ControlledXaos, SB3 and 2 others dapped this.
  2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Somewhat. But whether we enjoy them or not, many dudes like these shows. So one of the few Black LGBT websites pretending they don't exist would be a disservice. Especially since the White gay sites barely even acknowledge there are gays of color in the media at all.

3. RolandG

Bae Material Squad Leader The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    I think an interview with one of these former actors would be insightful. I get the feeling that the setup with these young and black gay dudes is on par with the Chris Stokes and B2K setup. I don't know about the scripted shows but I did have one of the young actors working for my company and he was definitely all over the place. Horrible living situation, family that was not supportive, irresponsible but with dreams of being rich and famous. I tried to talk to him a couple of times to let him know he was headed in the wrong direction but the pull of the youtube and social media clicks was too strong. These young kats have no good role models, no support system and they're out there just winging it thinking they're doing the right thing while somebody is taking advantage of their looks. SMH