African Americans Were...Created??

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by cypher21, Apr 19, 2016.

1. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking

I happened upon this video today I even though its 20 minutes long I ended up watching the whole thing. In a nutshell in it a YouTuber discusses the idea the black people, those born right here in america are not actually full citizens of the United States BY LAW and gave reason evidence to back his claim. Thought this video might be worth sharing I found it to be interesting.

If you watch it, lets discuss it.

Tyroc dapped this.
  2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Hmmm...I thought this was going to focus on the term "African American." I do agree with some of the ideology however I think his execution and questions are flawed. He is saying the slave trade didn't exist and Africans (black people) were in the US when the Europeans came to the Americas. The thing about zombies was just dumb to me.

Discordant and Tyroc dapped this.
  3. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    It was an interesting watch but some of his points reminded me of the 27 questions post.
    I've heard, mostly through either jokes or very angry people about not being full citizens but at what percent does that count when factoring in that we are not fully African?

OckyDub dapped this.
  4. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I could not even get through this...it was just a jumbled mess and tangle of various bits of stuff like a bad music video...could not get past a minute or two. Is this a real way people try to actually present information?

5. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Yes! Those were my two biggest grips as well I was like, so where are you going with this...and to suggest the slave trade is a myth is ridiculous to me as well the main point of interest I found were the conditions of the 14th amendment.

Discordant, Cyrus-Brooks and OckyDub dapped this.
  6. Discordant

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    His explanation went totally left of where I thought he was going. But I did find the DNA hoax part interesting. I've always wondered just how accurate they could be with so much genetic variation happening through generations.

7. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I agree with @Ockydub . I was not with him until his closing statements and then everything he said before, I put in perspective. His execution totally missed and denying the slave trade...wtf? His whole thing about the currency threw me off too. It wasn't as if black people were being honored on the money back then. But was that his point?

African American is a political term. I will grant that many black people may not realize that black people in this country did not all come here as slaves. I agree that if there is any group of people more American, it is black people. We built this country, literally and figuratively, so made in America doesn't get any better than the work black people put into making this country great.

That's the type of history and pride I wish folks like this guy would highlight, rather than propagating the negative generalizations and conspiracies he put forward.