America's Strongest Weightlifter, Kendrick Farris, Is 100% Vegan

Discussion in 'Sports and Athletes' started by OhSheit, Aug 13, 2016.

1. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    [​IMG]
    If you wanna be a serious weightlifter, you have to eat meat—or so goes the theory, anyway.

But there's at least one reason that old gym myth doesn't hold up, and he can clean-and-jerk 438 pounds.

How to Go Vegan and Still Gain Muscle >>>

Kendrick Farris, a 29-year-old American champion weightlifter who will be battling for a gold medal in the 94kg division at the Rio Olympics on Saturday, has followed a vegan diet for years.

"When I first told my wife, she laughed at me, because she didn't think I was serious," Farris told KTBS in his hometown of Shreveport, Louisiana. "But I was like, nah, I'm serious...[and] I've just been sticking to it ever since."

The 8 Best Protein Powders for Vegans and Vegetarians >>>

The decision was inspired by the birth of his son in September of 2014, he says. "I was like, 'I need to do something different.' How do you get back to the purest form of our life? And it started with food."

Farris, who started weightlifting competitively when he was 12, won back-to-back national titles in 2006 and 2007, a Pan-Am Games championship at 85kg in 2010, and at 94kg in 2015 and 2016. He also competed at the 2008 and 2012 Olympics.

:ohhh:

More here

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Winston Smith and DreG dapped this.
  2. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Oh cool! I haven't been able to find a lot of info on being meat-free while making gains.I'd more or less assumed it was impossible.

3. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I forgot which network I was watching but he did an interview where he took the interviewer to the vegan spot and he had about four dishes of vegan food; shit load of different trees and veggies and shit. He said he eats a large portion and then go days without actually eating and then he just hits the weights. I know there's a female weightlifter that does this as well.
    It was kind of vague but maybe the link provided in the article can help? It has protein-packed vegan food.

DreG dapped this.