Are you jealous of the best friend?

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by hannibal, Dec 28, 2015.

1. hannibal

Most Comedic Player Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    The post about being friends with exes just reminded me of a situation I'm currently dealing with.

I have had a best friend for OVER 10 years. I mean Ride Or Die. We are extremely close, like brothers. We were even roommates for a few years up until about less than a year ago. Everytime he gets a new boyfriend, they for the most part seem to get very jealous or apprehensive about our relationship although it's completely platonic.

What are your thoughts on dating someone that has a close best friend?

2. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    It's fine with me. If I fully trust the guy, then what's the big deal? I can understand some apprehension because many have had bad experiences with unfaithfulness, but your friend's boyfriends have to accept that that's their baggage. I find it understandable but a little weird when some complain about their significant others getting a lot of attention from a friend or even from random people. I mean, if you believe your man or woman is faithful, you should be secure in knowing that they'll brush the hoes off and come home to you.

Trust seems very fragile or practically nonexistent for most, like no one can be expected to turn away convenient and/or attractive ass, pussy or dick. Some even say, "I trust you, it's your friend that I don't trust," but if they really trust you, then they would know that you would brush off any unwanted advances from this supposedly untrustworthy friend.

#2 Jaa, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  3. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    We can all be close together..just remember though, I get even closer. Haha

In general, I don't mind. It's all fun & I don't want to come in like Mighty Morphin Negro & keep their closeness at bay.

4. Champagne Papi

Champagne Papi is a Featured MemberChampagne Papi side-n*gga paralegal
    Most Comedic Player The 1000 Daps Club Best Gifs

Daps Received:
    My best-friend is a girl (to be honest, the tittle is an understatement for her, that's my soulmate, I'll never have anybody else like her in my life nor love them as much as I do that hoe) and I've always been on the receiving end of the insecurities of her boyfriends; even though it's strictly platonic and mostly all of them knew I liked n*ggas.

For me, I believe that I wouldn't have a problem with it....I'd support them in their relationship and for them to continue to foster a stronger relationship. As long as they don't cross any boundaries with each other, I'm cool yeh.

5. tigerbreaux

tigerbreaux Polymath In-training
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    That person would normally be me in the relationship, so I'd be completely fine with that. If they couldn't deal with my best friend, they could go, my best friend was there before them and would be there after them. However, that wouldn't problem because my best friend and I haven't lived in the same state since college. We're also not the call and talk everyday type, but I would absolutely put my best friend before you if need be (he's literally like my brother), but their would almost never be a situation where that would need to be.

Also, my boyfriend WILL NOT be friend with my best friend or any of my other friends for that matter. Y'all can be cordial, friendly even, but there's no reason for you to be hanging out with or confiding in my friends. Have your own friends, because heaven forbid if this relationship ends, ALL my friends are coming with me. You breakup with me AND them, so in order to cut down on confusion, be friendly, not friends.

LeMignon and grownman dapped this.
  6. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
  7. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    I'm not by nature usually a jealous person. When I was involved in relationships, the best friends were usually heterosexual so the interactions were free of those kinds of problems.
    The last dude I was involved with was best friends with his ex and they were very, very close but as close as they were, they pulled me into their tight circle (I mean this in a completely non sexual manner even though that could have been fun) so there was never a reason for those feelings. Other people on the outside looking in thought it was weird but it is me so weirdness is par for my course.
    I only have one best friend now and she has four legs...somehow she's still more popular and has more of a social life but that's a whole other story.

I'm chosen a lot as the best friend to a number of people and there's one in particular that always causes jealousy.
    The Cersie to my Jamie. whenever she meets a new dude and introduces us, the tension comes alive. It usually starts out semi cordial but they always get silent and observant, the questions start coming about how close are we? How close have we been? Why are we not together?
    If I'm being completely honest with myself, I may sometimes let my ego override my intentions and subconsciously compete with them but I feel if you're really worth her time then you'll overcome your own insecurities over me in her life.

grownman dapped this.
  8. bisonboy

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    There is a guy who I am now really good friends with who seems to be my gym buddy right now and I made the mistake after about two months to invite him and his friend to my friends game night type event. Well that was my first time meeting this guy and I haven't really seen eye to eye with him since. It also seems ever since I met him, he was ALWAYS around. I definitely have learned a lot from that friendship in regards to relationships overall.

grownman dapped this.