As Black Gay/SGL Men, What Do You Think Of This?-Do You Feel The Same Way?

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by ColumbusGuy, Nov 29, 2017.

1. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    This is from a post on another forum I am on (open for anyone to see as I was not even logged in when I read it). I can provide a link or you can just google it to find it.

I have to admit when I read this I felt a little shudder of fear. Even though I also sometimes think we just might have to burn everything down to start anew, to see it put like this made me feel...apprehensive maybe? With things the way they are now it just seems like we are going downhill, like we are approaching the 'stop giving a fuck' referred to rather than moving away from it. It also made me feel frustrated and helpless, like there is nothing I can do to stop or change anything and that I am just like a scrap piece of paper caught up in the whirlwind of what is what is going on here and in the World.

What do you think?

2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    White folks have nothing to fear. For anything dude said to be accomplished in reality, that would mean Black people would have to be unified and that will never ever happen.

Even though I may share his sentiments, I don't have faith in humanity and at the end of the day, all dude's comment gets from me is an LOL

3. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dude is trippin.

ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  4. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    The only thing black folks have ever successfully boycotted was the smaller group of us who joined the greek letter organizations and got Sorority Sisters canceled from vh1.

Edit for clarification, I am not in a frat and still salty they canceled it. So when I say us above I mean black folks us not greek letter us.

#4 ControlledXaos, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  5. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I actually kind of vibe with his overall message but some of it is extreme.

Our disposition in this country is enraging for sure but I do not harbor hate towards any specific person - there is a great sense of disappointment (and even that doesn't hold the weight of the word I'm searching for) but no hate.

At the same time, if I had been alive during the civil rights era, I more likely would had been in the camp of Malcolm X - Black empowerment and action vs reaction.

White folks and what I term "white adjacents" (non-white who have assimilated into white culture and are oblivious, willfully or otherwise) are too smug for my blood. I don't wish death on anybody especially not by my hands but I want white people to truly understand what it's like to be a minority in this life and sincerely hope the tables turn on they ass.

6. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Yea. I'm not knocking the frustrations and reasons behind what dude is saying, but he's getting a bit too caught up in delusions.

7. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Thanks for the replies. Reading it was just a bit 'jarring' to me. I appreciated that he was open and honest about what he felt.

This part:
    Well if things did get to this point, I don't think anyone would be watching anything with a smile on their face-every action has a reaction and the reaction would mean disaster for everyone. We would ALL burn-tit for tat. The white people who have the power(money, connections, power, white supremacy)would literally destroy the nation before they would have power 'taken' away from them. It has to be gradually taken to avoid this. If they did not push the nuke buttons they would at least turn the US into a military dictatorship and all blacks, left wingers(like me)would be dead or in camps.

Also the part about white allies and Latino allies...white allies would be killed or in camps too, along with any Latinos who joined.

But I do get it and wonder 'what is the answer?' with Trump in office and all? Is this the last gasp of his kind or the start of something new and sinister?

*and terrorism never wins in the end(unless it can provoke a crazy reaction). What did the Taliban or Al-Qaeda or ISIS really win? Look at Europe-people are getting used to terror. Look at how quickly the latest bombings and massacres just fade away so quickly-much more so now that they are getting more frequent.

People talked about Columbine forever...now you have the Vegas and Texas massacres and it is old news already. People are very adaptable to terror, war, all kinds of things. That has to be remembered. Look at how London adapted to the Blitz, and even Germany adapted to constant mass bombing almost to the very end. No group is just going to fall apart when it faces destruction-look at how African Americans and Native Americans have survived immense suffering.

I think he was a bit short-sighted in this part(if it ever did get to that point).

*I also don't remember any black Americans 'celebrating' 9-11. Many many blacks died. I do remember some celebration in Palestine but that was about it.

Cyrus-Brooks and BlackOnyx1 dapped this.
  8. BlackOnyx1

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    agreed, first black people need to be united first but we still let things like religion, money, education, sexuality, etc. separate us and you still have the crazy tired whack dusty hoteps both male and females running around among other things effecting us everyday, so in theory it would work but white folks aren't worried about this scenario happening cause they know it won't happen for a while if and when it does take place.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  9. BlackOnyx1

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    yeah this is true we've become used to this type of violence with the mass shootings and the powers that be would destroy this world no doubt before black people could took over anyways.

ColumbusGuy and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  10. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I'm gonna agree with the sentiments of others here. Black people are too much disunity in the black community. Also we are too small a percentage of the population to mount an effective armed insurgency against the white power establishment. We don't have the firepower to go up against local law enforcement let alone the national security state. We can see what happened to the Black Panthers and the BLA. But I understand the rage that the brutha who wrote this post expresses. I think many of us(black men) if we are really honest with ourselves have contemplated taking violent action against the power structure of this country, myself included.

ColumbusGuy and BlackOnyx1 dapped this.
  11. BlackOnyx1

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    yes even i have contemplated taking violent as well, but we don't have the firepower as you said.

ColumbusGuy and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  12. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I mentioned his thoughts about 'taking action' and all, but when it comes to how he feels and how he expresses his rage I really appreciate his openness and honesty. Two of the biggest gifts you can give other people are openness and honesty, IMO.

I noticed he said this, and I don't know what else one can do when someone has such as free-floating justified rage and is confronted with a feeling of helplessness in the face of such an intractable issue. That kind of rage is corrosive if one just gives in to it. It is better to express it and channel it-for one's own sake. I don't know his rage-I can't know that, but I know of other things that are frustrating and to an extent in a similar manner.

*Kind of like how on here Ocky(who I kind of think of as 'Rocky Ocky' since he is often rocking the boat, stirring things up, shaking things up, posting provocative stuff, etc) expresses his own anger and frustrations with issues. I actually admire that believe it or not. Also how the site itself is not afraid to take a different look at issues and go against the grain.

BlackOnyx1 dapped this.
  13. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Ummmm. Hmm.