Astrophysicist Dr. Hakeem Oluseyi

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Oct 29, 2021.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Dr. Hakeem Oluseyi

[​IMG]
    About
    I am an astrophysicist, author, STEM educator, multi-patented inventor, voice actor, TV personality, science communicator, and keynote speaker. I recently served as the Space Science Education Lead in the Space Mission Directorate at NASA Headquarters in Washington DC where I provided strategic leadership and management for the SMD's investments in science education and communications. Responsibilities included co-managing 25 Science Activation cooperative agreements totaling ~$40M, long-term vision definition and actualization, and oversight of programmatic planning, implementation, and assessment.

My scientific research is based on "hacking stars" to better understand our universe and develop innovative new technologies. Leveraging techniques for interpreting electromagnetic radiation, laboratory plasma physics, computational modeling, machine learning, time-domain informatics, big data analytics, and high performance computing, my work has resulted in 11 patents, and more than 100 publications covering contributions to astrophysics, cosmology, and plasma physics, and the development of space missions, observatories, focal plane instruments, detectors, semiconductor manufacturing, and ion propulsion. My science education research has resulted in highly effective and efficient, divergent techniques for teaching mathematics and physics to learners of all ages.

I enjoy high visibility and popularity as an informal science educator and science communicator. I have co-hosted and contribute to several shows on Science Channel and Discovery International including Outrageous Acts of Science, How the Universe Works, Space's Deepest Secrets, Strange Evidence, You Have Been Warned, The Planets and Beyond, and Strip the Cosmos. I regularly appear on news programs and have won or been nominated for several awards for science reporting including one Emmy nomination and four Webby Awards. My memoir titled “A Quantum Life: My Unlikely Journey from the Street to the Stars."

Fanon and Juan-Carlos dapped this.