Ballroom Vogue Culture

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by BlackguyExecutive, Oct 9, 2015.

1. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I experienced my first gay ballroom cultural event last evening and I still really don't know what to say. It was fun and exciting, it was weird and random, it was scary at times and yet, I felt like I was for sure in a safe environment. I was surprised by the diversity and I don't think I have been in a space with so many different kinds of people, Transgenders and Transexuals, Drag Queens and Butch Queens, Trades, Fems, Twinks, Bears, you name it, they were represented. It was impressive.

I liked the fact that it felt underground and gritty and I was surprised that vast majority of people were just enjoying the dancing for dancing sake, I didn't observe many drunk messes.

[​IMG]

My only complaint and it is relatively minor in the grand scheme of things was that I felt like people were way to touchy feely, I was groped past my comfort level and really didn't enjoy the flattery of entering my personal space without me letting you in.

I think as a gay man, all gay men should experience the Ball Culture just once, it has a long history in the LGBT culture and it really is a site to see if you haven't seen it before.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. keith

keith Squad Member

Daps Received:
    A ball is probably the one thing I haven't experienced but would like to. I just hate that all the ones I've been exposed to have been in the wee hours of the morning. I like my sleep, LOL....

3. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    Yeah, where I went last night
    LOL. True. I am tired today. My days of going out on a Thursday are well past me now. But it was fun.

4. keith

keith Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Who's ball was it? Are there houses in Tampa? I hope that's not a silly question, hell I don't even know if there are houses here in TN, LOL...

5. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    One of my old childhood friends is in the ballroom scene but he doesn't know that I know, so that's funny. I watch some clips online so I'm a little educated on ball culture a bit. It's interesting and I respect the talent/craft whenever there's actually something good.

I was more surprised to find out that they have categories for the more masculine or masculine appearing guys. You don't really see that when you think of ballroom bc. the vouging is usually the face or the forefront. Also finding out that there are real biological woman that partake too. I know where the balls are located at in my city but not sure if I would ever go to one lol.

Sheesh, sorry you were groped. That seems like typical behavior you'd probably find at most clubs though.