Beans on Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Music and Podcasts' started by jusrawb, Oct 12, 2016.

1. jusrawb

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship

If you want to get to the part he starts talking about homosexuality is 13:40.

A lot of people feel that how can you have a issue with your son being exposed to two men kissing on tv but be ok with your son seeing you rap and doing movies about selling drugs and killing people as if that's ok. I hate when people think that their kids are just going to start being gay because they see it on tv. Why is it a problem to educate your children on what is going on in the world around them? Yes there is certain age to talk about sex but if you allow your child to watch adult material (straight or gay) don't be surprised when they have questions. I think this goes back to the idea that people think as children they have no clue on what attracts them yet and from my own experience that is not true. I knew at a very young in the least I had a attraction to boys and girls. Girls because that is what society says what I was suppose to like and boys because I knew how I felt inside. As a kid I even kiss and dry humped other boys my age and I never seen anything gay on tv before.

My other problem is I love music and though I may not agree with the artist personal beliefs, some of them are really talented. I find myself wanting to stop supporting these artist but I really love the music. So now I just ignore their ignorance and listen to the songs I enjoy no matter their opinion on me being gay but when they drop the f bomb or say pause I do feel some type of way.

How do you feel about what Beanie Sigel said ?
    How do you deal with liking a artist but the artist does not like gay people?

ColumbusGuy, Cyrus-Brooks, Dante and 2 others dapped this.
  2. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    "As a kid I even kiss and dry humped other boys my age and I never seen anything gay on tv before."

Me and this one kid used to dry hump the f#$k outta each other when I was 7yo and I had NO clue what being gay even was at that age. I just knew I thought the kid was cute and it felt great. LMAO People are full of ignorant contradictions (especially us Black Folk) and unfortunately it's something that's never going to go away. It's hard-wired into the human psyche to have opinions that conflict our actions. It's just more manifest in some than others.

3. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    This whole interview was a fail for him. Especially the Meek Mill stuff...

jusrawb and Dante dapped this.
  4. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I don't know why some people go on the Breakfast Club as if it will awaken their career or celebrity from the coufen it needs to stay in. Heterosexual Black Men should not be asked about sexuality, bc they always come off as idiots, even if they try to be PC about it.

Cyrus-Brooks and jusrawb dapped this.
  5. SwagJack

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    It's a wrap for Beanie. He's been out of the game for too long. So much has changed in hip hop since his last album and really since he has last been relevant in the culture. So I'm not sure his viewpoint holds any real weight with regard to contemporary hip hop culture. I swear, Philly has been taking so many Ls lately.

Hip hop is in the midst of a shift. And the shift is pretty tumultuous. If it's not the previous generation chiding the young bucks about their lack of substance, it's about "gay shit." Beanie's statement about homosexuality kind of echoes that of Lord Jamar's from a year or two ago (another dude with an opinion that doesn't even register on the richter scale, because who dat?). Just sounds like the old dinosaurs resentful of the fact that they're becoming extinct.

I fully recognize that hip hop is a largely heteronormative Black male domain. But attitudes are changing. I love how Donald Glover parodied this scenario on the latest episode of Atlanta.

Cyrus-Brooks, jusrawb and Dante dapped this.
  6. jusrawb

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Right, the more he talks about it the more silly he sound to me

7. jusrawb

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    yea that last Atlanta episode was good

8. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    This isn't really unexpected. VLAD TV and the Breakfast Club seems to be popular venues for washed up rappers particularly from my generation to register their pissant opinions in an attempt to generate buzz or controversy. I was never a Beanie Sigel fan anyway so my reaction is meh. I expect most rappers, particularly kats from my age cohort to have homophobic attitudes. Like it or not hip hop is the domain of heterosexual black men and most of them are closed minded on this issue. It is what it is 53722951.jpg

Dante dapped this.