Being a White Student at a Historically Black College

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Lancer, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
  2. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I saw this today, here are my thoughts. Race is a VERY HEAVY issue in America, in its current climate POC are being treated and perceived as less than, and in some cases as nothing. White folks should understand why Universities like these exist and respect that, now letting them go there that I can not answer. However it seems to all boil down to funding, for these Uni's to remain open they have chosen to open their doors to whites. Some may not agree to this method but I see its need, as a way to stay open.

OckyDub dapped this.
  3. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    1. I feel like Black folk must attend an HBCU if they're going to college. Some have advanced degrees in certain fields that rank in the top of the nation above predominately white schools.

2. I understand that why one would want to attend a more name recognized prestigious school. However for the D'brickashaw Williams' (who attempt to enter the work force) of the world, many times it still may not be enough to get their foot in the door based off of name or race.

mojoreece dapped this.