Bernie Sanders: loser, a$$hole

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by NikR, Jun 6, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Bernie-level a$$holery is the best!

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Bernie Sanders is a sore loser. And worse than that, he’s an a$$hole.

Take a look and see:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/06/u...-hillary-clinton-california-primary.html?_r=0

Bernie Sanders cannot win even a plurality of pledged delegates. Hillary can, and on Tuesday, likely will. It takes 2383 delegates to claim the nomination. This primary season, there are 4051 pledged/elected delegates and 714 unpledged (super)delegates at stake. But let’s talk pledged delegates. A plurality of pledged delegates will be any number north of 2025.5. There are about 774 remaining. Right now, Hillary has about 1775. She’ll probably split the remaining 50/50 with Bernie, which means that she’ll end up with a majority of pledged/elected delegates. And then she’ll claim the nomination with the help of unpledged/(super)delegates, you know, like how Obama did in 2008.

But this doesn’t matter to Bernie. He feels entitled to the nomination and entitled to the presidency, even though a majority of party voters have rejected him. He’s behind by 3 million votes and at least 270 pledged delegates!

He rails against superdelegates but in the next breath states that he wants those same superdelegates to overturn the will of pledged delegates and hand him the nomination. And the convention? He says it’ll be “contested”. Yes, he’s planning on contesting a result after losing. What, don’t voters from southern states, the US Virgin Islands, and most recently, Peurto Rico count? Well, no, because they haven’t fallen in line with his ‘revolution’. His rank hypocrisy is as repugnant as the decaying carcass of road kill baking in the June sun. And his disloyalty? Don’t even get me started.

Politics, like sports, has winners and losers. One can lose with dignity, or not. It looks like Bernie is choosing ‘not’. Fine, choose ‘not’ Bernie! But make sure to keep your precious revolution and shove it up your a$$.

Nick Delmacy and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  2. @yahoo.com

@yahoo.com When the lights get low, I Burn Brighter.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Birdman-meme-2.png

Yo! You are out of line. Put some RESPECK on Bernie's name and stop being petty. All of this name calling is out of line. He is putting up a fight for what he feels is something that he can win. Hilary is the loser and a wet butt hole after a Memorial Day Gay Orgy where she leaves and says something petty like - This Party owes me nothing. What the pettys of the world does not realize is that Bernie is a movement. And I do think that Hilary will win the nomination, but if she was so great, she would have sealed this deal by now. What's taking her flat ass so long to do so? She is a loser! all of that political clout and money and she cant shut out a feeble old man with radial ideas who gets his suits from K&G. U tried Bernie! Stop hating.

memefamily.png

3. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Not out of line. And certainly not petty. Am I a hater? Um, didn't you see my post where I literally called myself an "Uncle Bernie hater"? If not, you should look it up- it was quite a delightful post if I say so myself.

Now, with the "name calling". Well, don't we have a pot-calling-the-kettle-black situation right now? Seriously, "Hilary is the loser and the and a wet butt hole after a Memorial Day Gay Orgy". Really? I'm pretty sure she just won Puerto Rico and is wrapping up the nomination. So she's the literal opposite of a 'loser'. Bernie is an actual 'loser' because he, um, lost. Based on this, I know 'loser' isn't the word you were going for. 'Loser' is a euphemistic catch-all insult. What you were going for was 'succubus'. Or 'Beelzebub'. Or 'b*tch'. Whatever suits your fancy. But I'll say this- never call a b*tch a b*tch- us b*tches hate that.

Also, "he feels is something that he can win"? This is another problem I have with him. He KNOWS he can't win. It's numerically impossible. At least it's democratically numerically impossible since he'd need to overturn the will of pledged delegates, which he allegedly supports, but not really since it's not convenient. Yet he wants his supporters to think everything is possible- a win is possible. It's deceit. That is out of line. I'm all for hopes and dreams and sunshine and daisies (which is his platform btw), but the music has stopped. And he doesn't have a chair to sit in. He needs to go back to Vermont and leave us all alone. Which is what he'll do. Because that's who he is. He's never had use for black people. And he certainly doesn't value black votes, you know, the votes that gave Hillary her lead. The votes he wants to overturn. I call people who wanna overturn black votes "a$$holes". Lots of republicans are, thus, "a$$holes". It's my shorthand. I should have mentioned that earlier.

Bernie is going out of his way to provide aid and comfort to the Republican party, which, if you haven't noticed, is doing it's best to foist the utterly delightful Donald Trump on us. I'm starting to have my doubts on what Bernie actually wants. Believe it or not, there are some people who actually want to stand outside and piss into the tent. It's their shtick.

It's funny so many people drag on Hillary. Of course she hasn't won decisively- the entire world has hated Hillary since when she showed up in the 70s and 80s. Including much of the Democratic party. But I will answer the corollary-why can't Bernie win? Because pragmatists don't believe in sunshine and daisies. Just a bad candidate that will keep out an even worse one (Donald Trump).

#3 NikR, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  4. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    What Sanders supporter need to do now is keep some perspective by chanting three words to themselves like a Hare Krishna mantra:

"Supreme Court Nominees"

We can have fun or different perspective on personalities and policies, but in the end, there are only two abilities the POTUS has that matters to me and one of them is definitely putting forth SCOTUS nominees. This (along with war powers) is where the phrase "elections have consequences" comes into focus.The idea of Trump and Mitch McConnell having a say on this should be troubling to any thinking Sanders supporters, enough that they should start seeing Secretary Clinton as perfect enough. I don't mean to be morbid, but you have to look at who is likely to be be around on the Court the next few years and who isn't. As much as I'd hope that Clarence Thomas would be the next one to medically check out like Scalia (overweight and hypertension), the likelihood of Ginsburg going first means that a President Trump would likely get to chalk one over the liberal side, rather than just replacing a Thomas. Bush's two nominees, Roberts and Alito, are fairly young in SCOTUS years, which unlike gay years, account for a longer shelf life.

Also, Sander supporters need to also realize that he is not the best choice for VP even after the last primaries. Strategically, she needs to pick a young Latino candidate as a running mate. However, in that respect, I hope some Black voters don't display anti-Hispanic racism. In Chicago's last mayor race, the prospect of a Mexican-American mayor caused Rahm Emmanuel to get a stronger black turnout despite the disgust many black voters had for Rahm. Of course, the whole nation sees what a mess this city is now. So, hopefully if Secretary Clinton picks the demographically obvious running mate it doesn't cause black Bernie supporters to give us a President Trump nominating Sarah Palin as Chief Justice.

ColumbusGuy and NikR dapped this.
  5. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Indeed. I made a similar point recently,

"The last time progressive-minded people demanded virtue and purity, they voted for Ralph Nader, and in short order dear, kind George W Bush presided over 9/11, botched Afghanistan, started a disastrous war in Iraq, gutted the tax system to hurt the middle class, twiddled his thumbs as thousands of black people drowned to death in New Orleans and helplessly watched as the economy fell off a cliff. Elections have consequences."

Chief Justice Sarah Palin would be the perfect distillation of decades of republican nihilism and cynicism married to progressive folk's lack of conviction to do any dirty work.

As Yeats once said, "the best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity."

#5 NikR, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    ColumbusGuy and Winston Smith dapped this.
  6. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    A black man that reads and quotes Yeats (gasps, clutches my dog tags like pearls).

Yeah, that's a problem I see with many progressives, too much social media narcissism (interrupting Clinton speeches, Twitter rants). No one wants to do the real grunt work because it's not sexy and involves sweat equity, i.e. GOTV campaigns, canvassing, going to where the average folk are and trying to get them to come to your position.

As much grief as I give many black churches, I've actually thought about joining one for the sole purpose of helping elderly black folk get to the polls and be heard. We need more black men to step up in inner city areas and ensure elderly and single mothers get to the polls and are protected at the polls.

ColumbusGuy and NikR dapped this.
  7. jpo

jpo
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Of course, Sanders cannot win the nomination.
    What is truly remarkable, and has been for several months now, is the fearful reaction of Clinton's supporters. If he cannot win there is no problem.
    The problem is that Clinton's supporters - and sadly the Democratic party - are saddled with a weak candidate. Every day that goes by Clinton gives new examples of how poor a candidate she is. And Sanders every day makes her weakness evident.
    The problem is that Clinton is weak. The problem is not that Sanders tells us she is.
    He is the cranky old man who says the emperor has no clothes.
    So pray that Clinton is able to stumble her way on.