Black Brilliance 360

Discussion in 'Television and Web Series' started by cuspofbeauty, Jan 5, 2017.

1. cuspofbeauty

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Not looking
    This Web Series Created By Black Fraternity Members For Grown A** Black Men Is What The Internet Needs

[​IMG]

The show, entitled Black Brilliance 360 was launched by Charles Coleman Jr., civil rights attorney, CNN legal analyst and member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc.

“It is an original series of web-based conversations among black men about the things that matter to us most,” Charles told Watch The Yard. “These are conversations that deal with identity, lifestyle, self-care, relationships, power, and struggle.”

The series features a team of 9 different contributors, mixing and matching different combinations of contributors each episode to add a different feel and flavor to each discussion.

We at Watch The Yard are in love with this not just because the show features grown Black men in a way that you don’t see in popular media, but also because the contributors are members of the Black fraternity community. The contributor team features a member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., a member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. and along with the founder who is a Que, two additional members of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc.

[​IMG]

“Black Brilliance 360 is an intergenerational conversation among black men about black manhood. And it is presented with the style and flair that makes black men unique unto ourselves. There is nothing like it out right now. It’s hip, it’s humorous, it’s smart, it’s sexy. And it’s very, very black.”

Check out the teaser for the show below!

Webisode 1

#1 cuspofbeauty, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Jdudre and NikR dapped this.
  2. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Ok. A few things.

1. Good initial episode. Other than the whole "no legacy if you don't have kids" bullshit, I think this has potential. Kinda bro-ey. But I'm like that with friends, and this is a group of 9 ostensibly 100% straight dudes. I'm gonna watch and see what comes of it.

2. The soundtrack is fire. NxWorries's (AKA Knxledge + Anderson .Paak) Yes Lawd! and samples from SiR's Long Live Dilla? I've been telling y'all about them for aggggesss! Praise Jesus they know what they're doing. Go check that ish out people.

3. Finally, what defines black brilliance? Will non frat dudes like me forever be left out in the cold? I mean, it seems like there's a higher concentration of well-rounded dudes trying to do stuff in formal fraternities because of initial self-selection and inviting of 'desirables'...but they're expensive as hell. My medical boards cost the same amount as the Alpha application fee- $1300. So I passed on joining the grad chapter. I'll live lol. One day in the future, I too will define myself as brilliant. I'll get there- but it'll be other people holding me up.

3. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    This.

Not feeling the black Greek thing. Many of my mentors in college were Alphas and even tried to get me to pledge. Of course, now that I'm no longer a naive college freshman I realize most of them were likely DL and may have had ulterior motives. If you read my response in the bathhouse thread and moral hypocrisy among the bougie church types, a lot of that applied to the Alphas, Sigmas, Ques, and Kappas I went to school with it. To paraphrase the New Testament...blackened sepulchres lol.

We condemn black on black violence in underclass neighborhoods but somehow beating the shit out of another black man, or branding him with a Greek letter like former slavemasters did, is excused as long as you label it "pledging and hazing." What's so brilliant about that initiation process?

NikR and cuspofbeauty dapped this.
  4. Jdudre

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I feel you on number 3

cuspofbeauty dapped this.
  5. Jdudre

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I liked it overall

6. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    -I couldn't really get into it because they were talking over each other.
    -It felt very limited and constrained.
    -I still want to see how the show progresses.

Jdudre and cuspofbeauty dapped this.