Black frat says Alabama restaurant denied them service because ‘we’ve had trouble with your kind’

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Jul 5, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

A predominately black fraternity alumni group from Tuscaloosa has accused the owner of a local restaurant of cancelling an event they had planned because the owner told them, “We’ve had problems with your kind before.”

According to CNN, a lawsuit was filed last week in federal court against the Cypress Inn by Kappa Alpha Psi.

The dispute arises from a planned event last February, months after the fraternal organization put down a $1,500 deposit to reserve a waterfront pavilion at the inn — only to have it canceled just weeks before the event.

According to the chapter’s president, Clifton Warren, he went to the inn to make the final arrangements and was told that the restaurant no longer wanted to host the event over “security concerns.” Warren claims he was told the reservation had been taken by a woman who didn’t realize that his party was an “all black group.”

Despite offering to pay for additional security, Warren said he was still denied and offered a refund.

Speaking with CNN, Warren accused the restaurant’s owner, Renea Henson, of telling him, “We’ve had problems with your kind before.”

In a statement to CNN, a spokesperson for the restaurant blamed their decision on the company that provides security for them.

“Our outside security firm recommended against hosting the party because the fraternity was proposing to sell tickets to the public and our security firm strongly recommended against hosting that type party out of concern for public safety,” the restaurant said.

Winston Smith and SB3 dapped this.
  2. Krimsonic_

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    That’s so trash! I long for the day where have enough power and influence to own our own so we don’t have to deal with this BS.

Winston Smith dapped this.
  3. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Word. That’s why I moved back to south side of Chicago. Black owned restaurants and cafes. Putting my money where my dining mouth is...

Food is negotiable unlike some other products. I might have to buy phones and computers from non blacks but I don’t trust certain people with my food.

Krimsonic_ and SB3 dapped this.
  4. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I was gonna say, the day when the first thought is to bring your business to a black owned business.

Krimsonic_ and Winston Smith dapped this.
  5. Krimsonic_

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    We too quick to look for a discount when we do tho smh.

Winston Smith and SB3 dapped this.
  6. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I know. It's a mountain as tall as Everest to even think of getting there. It's just a shame that we're the only minority community that lacks 'community'.

Krimsonic_ and Winston Smith dapped this.
  7. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Amen. That’s why in my not-quite-old age I make a conscious attempt to complement black businesses and workers, but not in a phony or patronizing way. Also to couch criticism in ways that are constructive. Speaking of which, if y’all ever in Chicago, this black breakfast restaurant not only has great food, pleasant staff, decent prices, but they have my gratitude for my ultimate restaurant measuring stick: a clean, immaculate bathroom! (yeah, I’m Felix Unger)

Peach's On 47th – Peach's On 47th

I also dig black folk who consider salmon soul food lol

Krimsonic_ and SB3 dapped this.