Black Gay Men are Willing to Fight and Die for Two Things In Life: RAW DICK and BEYONCÉ!

Discussion in 'Mental, Medical and Sexual Health' started by OckyDub, Feb 19, 2017.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Saw this comment on social media discussing Black gays and HIV/AIDs. What are your thoughts?

"this is pointless discussion. These queens simply don't care. I have a 27 year old friend who claims to be in love with and "trusts" a man he met at a club 7 weeks ago (New Years Eve). My friend says his new boyfriend is on PreP; they're having raw sex as if PreP is the be all end all for all STDs. I'm done with HIV PREVENTION, period. There are all these posts on FB about "stigma", but heaven forbid you bring up the the elephant in the room RAW SEX! These stupid black sissies get very angry when you bring up their willful and reckless sexual behavior! BLACK GAY MEN ARE WILLING TO FIGHT AND DIE FOR TWO THINGS IN LIFE: RAW DICK and BEYONCÉ! #InThatOrder!"

[​IMG]

#1 OckyDub, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  2. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    #FACTS

It is becoming too common for the LGBTABCDEFGWYXZ community to feel sadly comfortable with the current state of HIV. A lot of gay and bisexual men are looking at PreP as our "savior", even some of the gay and bisexual men who are HIV positive. There are guys who are getting HIV treatment that are bold about their HIV status as if they are taking cold medicine.

And Beyonce is the New God in the New, New King James Bible. Don't come for her. REPENT ASAP burrrrrrrrrrcccccccchhhhhh! You DO NOT want to go to hell...lol

3. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Maybe that CDC report a year or so ago will turn out to be right.

Dante dapped this.
  4. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Yeah, it's a problem. I actually had an argument with a dude once about raw sex. He was upset that I thought it was a mistake, regardless of PrEP status. The caveat of relationship status was briefly mentioned too (I've told patients in the past- I can't endorse raw sex since there are always risks). He didn't take too kindly to that, but we talked it through. I was taken aback by how offended he was of what I was saying, especially since he is very highly educated, my age and HIV positive.

I don't know if anyone has been 100% perfect. I slipped once. But past imperfection doesn't mean that the future needs to be the same. I don't want to be a statistic, so I'm taking measures to protect myself. Everyone should.

#4 NikR, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  5. Aejae

Aejae Socially Awkward Aejae
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    But the gag is I'm sure somebody in this group read the title and got offended lol!

beyonce laugh.gif

6. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Yeah it is sad. Atlanta rates are shooting up. I am getting more involved in HIV/AIDS advocacy out here and I hope things will change eventually.

7. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I don't think things are going to be changing until two generations from now.

I was with my ex for almost 3 years before we went raw. I don't regret the decision. I don't think 7 weeks anyone should be at that point. I probably will not be at that point with anyone else for a very long time if ever. But it's definitely a personal decision for someone to make.

I also don't think it's that big of deal based on the risk versus reward to go raw with someone who you don't even have the social security number of. Same thing with these women who get pregnant off a one night stand. If you are in a high risk group you need to do what you need to do to stay negative. Condoms are free. Clinics and clubs dole them out like candy. You can also get them through your health insurance. Prep is free or heavily discounted through health insurance as well.

And to whoever it is in this situation, your bf is on Prep but are you? I just wish there was more information that stuck about prep beyond it preventing hiv because it should not be used to just have raw sex to avoid hiv while neglecting the other stds. It's like that's all some gay men understand and forget the rest. All of this should be covered with thier doctors. Even on the followup visits.

8. OhSheit

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I beat my raw dick to Beyoncé and I'm not ashamed of it.

jusrawb, SB3 and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  9. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    It is. Extensively.

Some older people in the HIV movement have dragged Truvada/PrEP and users as Truvada whores- stating that somehow people who use it are more likely to be promiscuous and have raw sex. I haven't seen any actual research data that confirms this. Instead, I suspect that people don't really change what they're doing in the bedroom -they just continue having raw sex, now with a decreased risk of HIV but high risk of all other STIs. It's not ideal. But it's a baby step.

Nigerian Prince and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  10. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Yes. I do think that the majority of the #truvadawhore group was always having raw sex to begin with. Then people started to shame them and they came up with the hashtag for empowerment.

I don't think they should be slut shamed but if someone was going raw and then got another std I'm probably gonna say "well what did you expect?"

Also even if the doctors go over what prep covers and doesn't, the horse to water analogy applies.

Nigerian Prince and NikR dapped this.
  11. jusrawb

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Not really sure who has the answer but I think it has something to do with self respect.