Best Posts in Thread: Black Gay Men are Willing to Fight and Die for Two Things In Life: RAW DICK and BEYONCÉ!

1. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I don't think things are going to be changing until two generations from now.

I was with my ex for almost 3 years before we went raw. I don't regret the decision. I don't think 7 weeks anyone should be at that point. I probably will not be at that point with anyone else for a very long time if ever. But it's definitely a personal decision for someone to make.

I also don't think it's that big of deal based on the risk versus reward to go raw with someone who you don't even have the social security number of. Same thing with these women who get pregnant off a one night stand. If you are in a high risk group you need to do what you need to do to stay negative. Condoms are free. Clinics and clubs dole them out like candy. You can also get them through your health insurance. Prep is free or heavily discounted through health insurance as well.

And to whoever it is in this situation, your bf is on Prep but are you? I just wish there was more information that stuck about prep beyond it preventing hiv because it should not be used to just have raw sex to avoid hiv while neglecting the other stds. It's like that's all some gay men understand and forget the rest. All of this should be covered with thier doctors. Even on the followup visits.

2. Aejae

Aejae Socially Awkward Aejae
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    But the gag is I'm sure somebody in this group read the title and got offended lol!

beyonce laugh.gif

3. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Yeah, it's a problem. I actually had an argument with a dude once about raw sex. He was upset that I thought it was a mistake, regardless of PrEP status. The caveat of relationship status was briefly mentioned too (I've told patients in the past- I can't endorse raw sex since there are always risks). He didn't take too kindly to that, but we talked it through. I was taken aback by how offended he was of what I was saying, especially since he is very highly educated, my age and HIV positive.

I don't know if anyone has been 100% perfect. I slipped once. But past imperfection doesn't mean that the future needs to be the same. I don't want to be a statistic, so I'm taking measures to protect myself. Everyone should.

#4 NikR, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017