Best Posts in Thread: Black Gays Just Won't Let This Man Live, Will They?

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    derrick.jpeg

1. Let this man live. Derrick Gordon came Out while playing basketball in the NCAA over 2 years ago. Since then, he's been ghost. Just been settled in San Francisco living his best life with his older White boyfriend. Yet he still has randoms asking him about dating men of color.

2. He's already in a relationship, dummy. Why would he entertain questions about dating other men (of any race) when he's seemingly happy with the dude he has now? Why do Black women and Gay Black Men seem so pressed about who someone else is fucking? In every office I've worked in, the Black women and gay Black men are the biggest office-gossips on this subject. Is it because they are lonely themselves and wish the (distant) object of their affection was with someone who kinda looks like them so they will feel they have a slim shot? Even if he only dated Black men, that doesn't mean he would be into you.

3. He might not be the catch you think he is. Just because Derrick is young, cute, intelligent and has a nice body, that doesn't mean he's perfect. None of us know if, behind closed doors, Derrick is a handful of personality quirks that make dating him difficult. I've had my fair share of head shaking moments while dating men nearly 10 years younger than me, so I can just imagine what his BF may be dealing with. Just speculation, but the point is, we don't know Derrick Gordon on that level. For all we know, him dating white men could be saving brothas a lot of headaches.

4. Just be happy for him. As much as gay men complain about the dating game, everyone should be happy for anyone successfully throwing up points on the board. If you like Black men, go get yourself one. There are plenty available in Atlanta, D.C., NYC and Dallas/Houston. There are Black gay men all over the place, actually. No need to give a guy dating a non-Black man grief because you can't find what he's already found ages ago.

Nigerian Prince, Lancer, OckyDub and 5 others dapped this.