Black-ish Writer and Super Bowl Champ Charged With Insider Trading

Discussion in 'Sports and Athletes' started by OckyDub, Aug 29, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

Mychal Kendricks, the former Philadelphia Eagles linebacker currently playing for the Cleveland Browns, was involved in insider trading, using tips given to him by Damilare Sonoiki, a television writer for Black-ish, according to federal prosecutors who charged both men. They could be looking at a substantial amount of prison time if convicted.

According to ESPN, over four years Kendricks and Sonoiki used insider tips to trade in stocks that netted some “$1.2 million in illegal profits on four major investments.”

“I would like to apologize,” Kendricks said in the statement released by his attorneys, viewed by ESPN. “Four years ago, I participated in insider trading, and I deeply regret it. I invested money with a former friend of mine who I thought I could trust and who I greatly admired. His background as a Harvard graduate and an employee of Goldman Sachs gave me a false sense of confidence.

“To this point, I had worked my tail off since I was 5 years old to become a football player. I was drawn in by the allure of being more than just a football player. While I didn’t fully understand all of the details of the illegal trades, I knew it was wrong, and I wholeheartedly regret my actions.”

According to tweets from Jeremy Roebuck, a public corruption/white-collar crime reporter for the Philadelphia Enquirer, “Kendricks provided $10k in cash and Eagles tickets in exchange or stock information.” The former Philadelphia Eagles linebacker also secured Sonoiki access to a Teyana Taylor video shoot.

Kendricks’ apology also noted that he’s been cooperating with the authorities since the beginning of the investigation and “will continue to do so.” He also offered to payback the illegally obtained funds.

“I sincerely apologize to my coaches, the owners, and my teammates on the Eagles and the Browns, the NFL, and the magnificent fans to whom I owe my career,” Kendricks said in the statement. “I also apologize to my family, who I have failed in this. You all deserve better, and I will work my hardest to re-earn your trust and respect, serve as an advocate to educate others, and show you that I will never be involved in anything like this again.”

Juan-Carlos and mojoreece dapped this.
  2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
  3. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    ^^^ This is proof that God has favorites.

Meanwhile the response to my pics is:

[​IMG]

mojoreece, thane and OckyDub dapped this.
  4. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Then again, if he gets convicted and sentenced to prison, looking like he does may not be a good thing.

5. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I hope the Judge goes easy on him or just give sends him to a low security martha stewart type jail Sad seems like a really nice dude too.:(

he def wont have to worry about getting mail n something put on his books:babylawd::rejoice:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Lancer and Winston Smith dapped this.
  6. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    This is just a fuckin beautiful ass man. I mean DAMN!!!:whew:

You can tell this is the kind of dude that has been beautiful his whole life and always got mostly anything he wants based on his looks. I bet he has absolutely no idea what a lonely night feels like. lol

7. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    He ain't going to jail. We'll handle the fines, go feed some hungry kids, and he'll remain right here in this house where he belongs.

8. itsumoconfused

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Oh shiet. My friend is homeboys with Damilare... they went to school together.... He made this hilarious pilot a while back akin to Black-ish.