Black Men Don't Smile?

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Champagne Papi, Feb 12, 2016.

1. lancem451

lancem451 Lurker

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    Guys do it to look strong and masculine.

Champagne Papi dapped this.
  2. cuspofbeauty

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Not looking
    thank you

3. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship

Nevertheless even the poorest white man tends to think he's better than even richest black man just by the virtue of being white. Which is why class struggle in the United States is so heavily slanted in favor of wealthy white elites and white people in general because they have successfully convinced many if not most poor, working-class, and middle-class whites they're better than black people. Their voting and behavior patterns reflect this. That's why laws, policies and structures that harm black people are supported by the majority population. It doesn't matter that less affluent white people may not benefit economically in some cases.

4. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I saw a black guy yesterday at work who was cute looking but was scowling with two Powerades in his hand. I gave him the side eye wondering why he looked angry. When I was younger I didnt smile in pics because of confidence issues. I smile now but everytime I see dudes they always have blank faces. I remember looking at pics of my basketball team and just like seeing all blank faces...no expressiond or mean mugs.

Though I cant say to much since Im usually always giving folks the side eye but still. I think they just want to look cool and tough.

Nigs also don't show any other kind of affection like hugging or anything.

I smile all the time now cause I dont give a f**k how I look to others. Imma show I can still be cool with a smile and when it's pic time I always sport a smile or cop a sly grin. Hahaha.

5. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship

I'm not saying all white people do favor the status quo. That's not the question or the point I'm making. They still benefit whether they favorite it or not that's the trick of how white supremacy works. I also get the point that white people aren't immuned to poverty or misfortune but they are less effected by those things and are better able to bounce back. Case in point I saw a report the other day that a black man without a criminal record has the same or less chance of getting hired as a white man with a criminal record.

As for your other point I'm aware white culture is a bit different from black culture. My white coworkers question why I don't smile while my black coworkers don't. They already know why.

6. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I think in many cases, yes the poorest whites do think that. They also tend to be the least educated, the most insular, the most suspicious, the most vulnerable to being manipulated unfortunately and yes they can become just another 'tool' of the elite. They (the ones who own everything)also bring up other issues 'guns, gays, God' to get that vote and manipulate that population so they vote for red herring issues and ignore the bigger things. I also tend to think that this type of thinking does not characterize most whites, but that is JMO.

Yeah they benefit but that does not necessarily equal wealth? Census data: Half of U.S. poor or low income Not exactly starving poor, but not wealthy either.

Yes I saw this-they had identical guys, one white, one black, except the white guy had a felony conviction and was still more likely to get called back. smh. A huge problem as I know black men are often thought of as dangerous. I saw an article on violence in Indianapolis. There are about a quarter of a million blacks or more in greater Indy, yet even the police admitted that at most, maybe 1,000 or 2,000 were the cause of almost all of the serious crimes committed by blacks(the vast majority towards other blacks) in Indy. And when it comes to criminal records so many are related to the stupid war on drugs (see ocky) so I agree.

I don't know where you work but there are black men right here in this thread who say they smile in pics and there are some actual examples posted.

Things are often spoken of in absolutes, in (no pun intended) black in white-no inbetween-when things are often shades of gray. The shades may be extremely light gray and extremely dark gray, but still gray. Speaking in absolutes polarizes people and that is something we already have too much of. JMHO.

I won't say anything more than this in this thread as I don't want to derail it and this thread is not really the place for this discussion IMO.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  7. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    It's a Catch 22 for me. I'm sure my "Ima F@#k You Up" expression has kept many a a$$hole out of my face but, I've been told by all my friends/ associates that nobody wants to approach me to try and holla because I don't smile and I'm not approachable. What the f#$k can you do? smh LOL

Cyrus-Brooks, Champagne Papi and Tyroc dapped this.
  8. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    I honestly do think I'm more photogenic stone face than when I smile.
    My eyes disappear and all you see is teeth.

Cyrus-Brooks and Champagne Papi dapped this.
  9. Discordant

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Whether it's in person or in pictures...

[​IMG]

ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  10. Boaxy

Boaxy SO FIERCE
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I don't smile that often I don't. Not that I hate smiling, I just don't do it that often.

Goldentree dapped this.