Best Posts in Thread: Black Panther Got Black America's Priorities All Wrong

1. jusrawb

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I get where the that logic is coming from but I don't agree with this premise. This isn't just some Disney movie, hence why everyone is so excited about it. I don't really feel the need to go in on what this movie means or represents for black people (especially to black people who should know what it means). My question to Dr. Boyce Watkins is name a initiative in the African American community that we ALL agree on AND ALL are included in (same with black lgbt community)? This is the same as the"shop black" argument, it sounds good but not everyone is down for the cause. We are a divided yet together people.

By the way black people aren't the only ones excited for this movie. Its low key annoying involving politics into things such as the arts.

BlackguyExecutive, NikR, Xavier and 3 others dapped this.
  2. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    As much as I get what he is saying, entertainment is a business. And like any type business, they are consumers, which we all are on a daily basis. And I'm pretty sure that when he goes to buy products, accessories and personal things, he might not be always thinking the same way. I can probably name at least one things in his home that he pursued that helped someone Non-Black, Black, or otherwise, make a lot of money.