Black Women Apperciation

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by grownman, Feb 12, 2016.

1. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    In honor of Black History Month-and after reading the post concerning "growing up around women". I saw a post that Columbus guy shared with us and it is very true. Black women have been known to be more vocal of their disdain of gay men. I have quite a few of them in my family alone. Although we know that not all of them are judgmental: and many are strong supporters of the gay community. The spotlight just doesn't shine very brightly on them. I thought that maybe we could turn our attention to those who do.

My sister(no pic)
    Is/are a constant support for me-it was a lot for her and mom to face. I initially like a lot of gay men said that I was bisexual-so the sting wouldn't be so bad. Lol. Eventually, I decided to be truthful and lay the cards on the table It was no looking back for me. Her and mom would have to take it or leave it.

Sis- she took it but mom was distant. However, my sister embraced me after the initial shock wore off. She and my nine yr old nephew welcomed my partner for the 5yrs we were together. Love you sis!

Who do you want to shout out?

I thought that I would give props to our first lady.

upload_2016-2-12_14-35-41.png

Sean P and Tyroc dapped this.
  2. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    *Just want to put in here that most/the majority of black women have been fine with me. *

grownman dapped this.
  3. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I spent a lot of time with my teachers throughout grade school. Several were black women. One helped me find a summer program that lead to a number of other opportunities.

Being a lesbian, Wanda Sykes is unsurprisingly a supporter.

grownman dapped this.
  4. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Great story. I know they exist just overlooked.

As, far as, Wanda Sykes-i was surprised that I actually she was funny. Lol.