Black Women Create the Men They Complain About

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Nick Delmacy, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    black-men-in-prison-678x381.jpg

Black Women Create the Men They Complain About – negromanosphere.com

Black women have been complaining the quality of Black men for at least the last forty years. Maybe longer but I wasn’t paying attention when I was a pre-teen. Black women have called Black men every name in the book, even going on national media to air their grievances. What’s not talked about is how these men got that way. Well I take that back. The sorry state of Black men is always put at the feet of other Black men. There is some truth there but in a community where there is an epidemic of single mothers the blame has to spread to both sides. Indeed with the state of the community I would say women play a more significant part in why things are jacked up. The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world. Black women are raising the very men they come to dislike.

There was an old saying back in the day. It was said Black women, “raised their daughters and loved their sons.” Essentially single Black women would “raise” their daughters to be independent, to get educated, to get a good career, etc. Little boys in the same household are generally coddled. Mothers cater more to their sons. Many mothers will dress their sons to look cute. I’ll get back to that point in a second. They’ll let their sons get away with not doing well in school. They’ll cater to their sons to point where the boys will never grow into independent thinking men who are able to make a mark in the world. These men usually evolve into men who end up being taken care of by women. Some of these men end up being gigolos or exotic dancers who make money catering to women. The problem with these men is that when a woman needs them to be a man these men are not able to step up.

I want to address that cute thing. Back in the day when I used to hang out in more rough neighborhoods I would see young women with their young baby boys in tow. It struck me how often these little boys would look like little girls. Their hair would be braided and I’ve seen toddler boys with earrings in both ears. The kids would also be dressed fly in name brand clothing. Of course the young women would be fawning over them. Every time I saw this I would think, “There goes a future Mr. Goodbar.” The lesson that little boy would learn is that as long he looks cute to a woman they would cater to his needs. This is where it becomes a problem for women.

The little boy grows up into a man who looks fly and who knows how to get women to take care of him. His teacher was his mother. In any relationship there comes a time when a man has to step up and be a man. This male, we really can’t call him a man, doesn’t know what to do. He doesn’t have the training. While the mother was raising her daughter to be strong and independent, she raised her son to be cute and dependent. The women who get involved with those males end up hating the male for the very thing that attracted them to in the first place. Of course the father’s get blamed but in most cases the father was the same type of man who was never raised to be man himself. It becomes a vicious cycle.

Black women are fond of saying, “Your momma Black” to Black men. Usually in cases where a Black man criticizes Black women or when a brotha is dating Becky. Well Black women need to realize that the same men they complain about being playas, womanizers, and thugs, had Black mommas too. Black single mothers who in many cases prevented the fathers from actively raising the sons. If a woman wants to know why a particular Black male is trifling look no further than his mother.

Aejae, Dawu, Pacifistgod and 5 others dapped this.
  2. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Spot on. This topic has been discussed before. Here's another comprehensive article on this topic Ways Single Mothers Destroy their sons
    Many single black mothers refuse to take head. Instead the popular discourse online is "patriarchy" and "toxic masculinity." Women, particularly single black mothers would rather deflect the blame. Heterosexual black men are also a huge part of the problem as well. They'd rather blame gay black men for the bullshit they are responsible for.

3. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    @Nick Delmacy what you know about the negro manosphere ? While I agree with many of their points, they extra anti-homo... cause we destroying the black family and turning African Warriors into Laverne Cox's

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  4. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Many single Black mothers raise their sons to be their boyfriends or the man of the house because they're tired of the "no good niggas" they keep attracting.

5. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I partially agree but I also think that the destruction of the black family was designed through racist structures and white supremacy. Before we go blame one another we have to accept that this prognosis was designed by others as a mechanism of control.

With that being said, I am never one to simply blame white people and racism and white supremacy for all of our woes. After the 1970s there really hasn't been good modeling of families...when did it become acceptable to have children with men with no intention of marrying them and vice versa.

6. Cyrus-Brooks

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I also think many single black mothers are simply not honest with themselves in that they are simply not equipped to handle the challenges associated with raising a boy. They think they can teach a boy to be a man on their terms. That more often than not has disastrous consequences. There is this pervasive feminist "logic" that says boys and girls are the same. They are not. You see this alot in public education. Which is why acedemic stats for boys is not so great when compared to girls. For black boys the situation is especially grim. But to acknowledge that boys need to be treated differently and that they need, leadership, guidance and discipline from men is regarded as heresy in today's social environment. Only a man can teach a boy to be man until that simple truth is acknowledged the situation won't improve.

mojoreece dapped this.
  7. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE!!!
    [​IMG]
    I remember one of my Black male teachers.

The bass in his voice shut shit down.

He never wrote anybody up nor sent people to the principle's office. For the males in his class, he would pit a sturdy firm grip around the back of your neck take you outside or to a secluded hallway...let you have it and march you back to the class and tell you to have a seat.

This was after he would grit on you HARD and that didn't work. I remember he easily had the most disciplined class I was in while in middle school. No female teacher could accomplish this. I even remember the female teachers requesting either to have unruly boys moved to his class or requesting him to quiet down their classes.

#7 OckyDub, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  8. BlackguyExecutive

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married

@Cyrus-Brooks you are right! Until we recognize that the educational disparity between Black Boys and Young Men is our own creation because we should be treating them differently.

I listen to NPR's Podcast called Code Switch and they have been covering a story of a controversial new school in DC Ron Brown College Preparatory High School. @Ockydub @Nick Delmacy check out this school its worthy of commentary

'Raising Kings' - A Year Inside D.C.'s Prep School For Boys Of Color | WAMU

9. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Cyrus-Brooks and BlackguyExecutive dapped this.
  10. BlackguyExecutive

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    Great Minds. It's the male version of our periods syncing. Sorry for the visual.

11. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    LMAO

12. Cyrus-Brooks

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    It's both a cultural problem and a systemic problem. I think more men (black men in particular) need to challenge the accepted orthodoxy of public education which is very femalecentric. There also needs to be a monumental shift in black American culture to place more emphasis on learning, intellectualism, practical skills and less emphasis on entertainment and sports.

mojoreece dapped this.
  13. Dawu

Dawu Analytical thinker with intellectual curiosity...

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    I've been married for a long minute to same woman and we got kids together. I used to be all about the sista you know...on they side. But after being married and my experiences I see things different. Not bad just got a different view that "woman bring about what they don't want."

OckyDub dapped this.
  14. Aejae

Aejae Socially Awkward Aejae
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:

Oh well shit lol! That hit my heart like Mike Tyson in Punch Out! That unfortunately is me, but I will always defend my momma in raising me. My dad committed suicide when I was a year old. My momma and daddy was married. It wasn't like she was a baby momma. Both of my sisters and i have the same father. So in her case, I do think in a way she really didn't know how to raise me to be a man by herself. All I know is (in my case) she did her best, she worked hard AND took care of us, and I love her for that.

#14 Aejae, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Cyrus-Brooks and mojoreece dapped this.
  15. Dawu

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    I feel you Nick. Taking care of boys isn't a bad thing, mums and dads should do that rather than raise boys like Spartan warriors :) The challenge is not to "spoil" them. I think in some cases black woman in the hood treat their boys special and (this may sound sick)...but its like treating the boy so special is the young mums way of doing for the kid what she wanted to do for her dude...not sure if that makes sense. Yes, its a demented thought. I'm not saying mums are sexing their boys but its def something to think on. So, as a dad my challenge has been getting my wife to stop baby'ing our boys. The attachment of black mums to their boys in America mostly likely stems from racial issues, but I think it causes problems later in life for both involved. My point is Sistas gotta keep it balanced to make sure they aren't leaning to far to left or right in any of their relationships.

16. Cyrus-Brooks

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship

Your case is exactly why I say most single black mothers are not honest with themselves about not being equipped to raise a boy. Because they don't understand the informal rules of masculinity and manhood. Most don't understand the world doesn't GAF about men's or boys feelings especially black men and black boys feelings. Encouraging boys to be emotional,(as women often do) is counterproductive. Many don't understand that schools systems treat boys, especially black boys very harshly. The legal system treats men more harshly once again especially black men. The world in general treats men and boys especially black men and boys harshly. The consequences for run ins with law enforcement are often catastrophic even if they don't result in death. Coddling boys doesn't prepare them for these harsh realities and sets them up for failure. Most don't understand male sexuality they definitely don't understand their gay or bisexual son's sexuality. Many black women take their sons being non-heterosexual as being a personal affront. Many single black mothers don't understand the importance of consistent discipline and are often times unable to balance being strict and lenient.

My mom understood certain things but certain things she just didn't get like the informal unwritten rules of masculinity. I got lucky in that I had uncles to step in when my dad wasn't in the picture. I know my mom did the best she could but since she isn't a man there is certain things she just couldn't teach me.

Aejae dapped this.
  17. Dawu

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    @Cyrus-Brooks Ya def correct Cy, mums can't raise boys without help from men...spot on!