#BlackTwitter Attacks Michael B Jordan for Interracial Dating and #AllLivesMatter Comments

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Nick Delmacy, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    [​IMG]

Yet another reason why I hate #BlackTwitter

Twitter Roasts Michael B. Jordan For "All Lives Matter" & Interracial Dating Comments

redsai84 dapped this.
  2. bpaisle

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I literally just read an article on yahoo about this. People are idiots. They think that they're giving a deep perspective on something but usually they're just being idiots. He can date whomever he likes. Every successful black person doesn't have to date another black person just to satiate some obligation to the black community. He's a grown ass man. I think once people come to grips that even if successful black figures/celebrities were to date exclusively their race, what are the chances that they'd be with your ass? Pretty slim to none.

tumblr_ly27264j6v1qh2o7zo2_r3_250.gif

Coragee, questforknowledge, SB3 and 3 others dapped this.
  3. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Nobody has an obligation to date anybody. True. But we do have to admit that white beauty standards place white women on a pedestal at the expense of our black sisters. I understand why black women feel a certain way when they see black men dating white women. I don't know why Michael B. Jordan chooses to date who he dates. But I'm not going to negate deeply embedded cultural norms that say people are likely to subconsciously or even overtly think that whiteness is more desirable.

As for the #alllivesmatter comment. That annoys me. Especially since he played Oscar Grant in Fruitvale Station. I loved that movie.

Coragee dapped this.
  4. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Blk ppl are sooo damaged my dude. White (or at least, part white), really is the only right for some.

I completely believe in equal opportunity when it comes to dating, but so many black ppl are obsessed w the idea that anything not 'plain ol black' is beautiful.

But, Ima digress right now...

Coragee, Nigerian Prince and acessential dapped this.
  5. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    AllLivesMatter would be cool (not really) and all if the people from that "movement" did more than trivialize, bitch about BlackLivesMatter and vandalize the BlackLivesMatter murals. That's the only time they pop up, let's keep it real.

Coragee, Jdudre and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  6. Royal Ebony

Royal Ebony Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Another reason why it's hard for me to respect & support this group...
    Let's be real, the only black lives that matter to them are heterosexuals and black men who're gunned down by white policemen. #ByeFelicia #AllLivesMatter regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation.

Coragee, bpaisle and Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  7. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:

8. bpaisle

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
  9. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I don't have a problem with black twitter they do call out black celebs and politicians who are quick to sell out their own people to advance themselves or because they don't want to upset white people. Black twitter is no different that white twitter or any other ethnic group on any other social media platform. White people get real nasty on the internet when they feel threatened. Don't believe me mention Obama or #blacklivesmatter. Which brings me to #alllivesmatter, it's just a clever way for whites to erase the concerns and grievances of black people in this country so I don't blame black twitter for jumping on MBJ. As for interracial dating, no I'm not a fan of it. But I do recognize everyone should be with who they want to be with. That said I can understand why black women are upset their new sex symbol is a mayo fan.

#9 Cyrus-Brooks, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    Coragee and acessential dapped this.
  10. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

For all the lovely things that #BlackTwitter affords us in their advocacy for lots of issues. There are times when the Black Twitter bandwagon is absolutely ridiculous. I do think there is a significant ignoramus class of twitter users that should just delete their accounts and have several seats.

I think Twitter in general is weird in that people know have platforms to communicate directly with people but are protected by anonymity and the computer screen. I think most of the negative things that people assert on Twitter, they would never actually say to a person if they were face to face in the same room with them.

Royal Ebony, Jdudre and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  11. Coragee

Coragee Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I can see why #blacktwitter was outraged, especially given his catalog. At the same time, the outrage seems a little disingenuous...well....except the #alllivesmatter thing. Are celebrities so out of touch that they do not see that the connotation for #alllivesmatter lies in vindictiveness when it comes to awareness for black issues? Ugh...

acessential and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  12. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I think a lot of celebrities live such privileged lives it can warp there since of reality or disconnect them from the reality of common people. Also, because he is a young black male with a platform some black people aspect him to have a since of loyalty to the community especially to black women. He's going to have to learn to watch what he says in the future.

Jdudre, Cyrus-Brooks and Coragee dapped this.