BRUH!!! 20-Year-Old Father Murdered for His $434k Lottery Winnings

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Nick Delmacy, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    [​IMG]

Damn bruh, this story is really sad and a reason for concern given that so many people had lottery fever recently. Dude was only 20 freaking years old...had a son and just had another new 3 week old baby...AND he just spent $4,000 on Christmas gifts for kids in his community. Humanity ain't shit.

[​IMG]

A forklift operator who recently won a nearly half-million dollar Georgia lottery jackpot was killed overnight Thursday during a home invasion robbery, investigators confirmed.

Officials said 20-year-old Craigory Burch, Jr. died from gunshot wounds at a home on Stubbs Avenue.

Burch had won a $434,272 Fantasy 5 jackpot in November 2015.

Once on scene, Georgia Bureau of Investigation agents spent the overnight hours collecting evidence from the home.

Investigators said Burch's girlfriend, Jasmine Hendricks, was in the home at the time and ran for help.

A shotgun blast blew open the door and three masked, armed men ran in, she said.

"When they came in, he said, 'don't do it bro. Don't do it in front of my kids. Please don't do it in front of my kids and old lady. Please don't do that bro. Please don't. He said I'll give you my bank card," Hendricks recalled.

That's when Burch threw his pants to the robbers, who looked for but couldn't find his wallet.

Then they shot and killed him before running away.

Burch's mother Leslie Collins relayed an emotional message for those responsible in the killing.

"I want them to know what they took from me. They took a part of my life away from me. My child that I carried and raised for 20 years," she said.

Authorities said they were following leads and interviewing people, but they have still not named persons of interests or suspects in this case.

Friends of Burch said that he had recently used some of his winnings to buy Christmas presents for people in need.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the Ben Hill County Sheriff's Office at 229-426-5161.

DreG, SB3, Cyrus-Brooks and 1 other person dapped this.
  2. Champagne Papi

Champagne Papi is a Featured MemberChampagne Papi side-n*gga paralegal
    Most Comedic Player The 1000 Daps Club Best Gifs

Daps Received:
    ....this is so sad
    [​IMG]

3. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Damn...in the middle of doing good. This. Enough good night.

4. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Is Georgia a state where you have to declare the winning publicly? I know there are laws planned that will allow people to remain anonymous when claiming lottery winnings, but I think that to do that the state will take even more of the winnings. SMFH. ALL people should be able to claim their rightful winnings anonymously so sh@t like this does not happen and they can keep it quiet. Even worse than that 80 year old guy in Detroit who was murdered for the same reason...in front of his kids and all. Why didn't they just leave or make him get the wallet and then leave? I don't understand this.

5. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Yes, Georgia is currently a state where you have to declare...but that may soon change:

Georgia considers anonymity option for lottery winners

6. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Well that still sucks. So if you claim it all at one time you get less, then the government takes out about 40% of that, and then you have to give up another 25% to remain anonymous and protect your life? Damn. Sometimes it is hard not to really think that 'humanity ain't shyt".

SB3 and grownman dapped this.
  7. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I read this the other day its really said. I know my state makes your name public but there is ways around it if your smart. I wish all states would just let people stay private. There a lot of bad people and getting that large amount of money will make your a target especially if you come from the hood. And they wonder why rappers keep guns and ammunition with them. Some people are so jealous they would rather see you dead rather than win in life. So sad.

DreG and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  8. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    You can still set up a trust and claim the money that way. Then you can figure out a way to explain why your fortune has increased. I already have a good likely story if I ever picked up a windfall like that.

I definitely would have moved to a nicer neighborhood or secure building. I went to Google Street View and the street he was on didn't even look like it had street lights. Just a small town, country road.

Then I'm guessing they probably thought he had a Scrooge McDuck money vault with thousands of dollars in it. People do not do that.

SB3, OhSheit and Tyroc dapped this.
  9. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Sad and ridiculous.

10. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Considering the Mega Millions jackpot this weekend, a timely subject. If I had bought a ticket and won, I would have been out of the country, name changed, canceled cell phone and disappeared before any crumb snatchers in my life even found out. Sadly, this brother was killed over what isn't even enough to quit a job over...but it's enough to cover some tracks to protect against grabbers.

LeMignon dapped this.