BRUH!!! 27-Year-Old Father Murdered in Online-Dating Setup

Discussion in 'Dating and Relationships' started by Nick Delmacy, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    00d0aea4-ce5e-48c6-8b3.jpg
    This is horrible.

Can't lie, dude being handsome brought my attention to this story, but it can happen to anyone. Especially gay men who rely HEAVILY on the Internet and apps for dating. Here in Atlanta, my cop friend says he works at least one Craigslist dating/sex related robbery and assault per week!

Florida father killed in online-dating setup

The night before police found Adam Hilarie dead in his kitchen, the 27-year-old Central Florida father went bowling with a woman he met through the online dating site PlentyOfFish, Auburndale police said Monday.

They went back to his place, and she texted him later: I had a good time and would like to see you again.

She saw him the next night, when on Friday she brought three men to rob Hilarie of TVs, an Xbox and an iPhone, and one of them shot him in the head, Deputy Chief Andy Ray said at a news conference.

"In cases like this, it's easy for us to put ourselves in the shoes of the family," Ray said, as he detailed the arrest of four people in connection with the killing — including 18-year-old Hailey Bustos, who went on the date with him.

Andre Warner, 26, Gary Gray, 31, and Joshua Ellington, 26, were also also arrested on charges of conspiracy to commit robbery, robbery with a firearm and first-degree murder. Ray said he didn't know how the robbery escalated.

Screen-Shot-2016-08-23-at-1.05.41-PM.jpg

"Hilarie was begging for his life, he was not putting up any kind of fight, and was telling them that he had a 5-year-old daughter,"
    according to arrest reports.

Social media photos show Hilarie suited up in boxing gloves and a robe. He posted multiple photos of his daughter on his Facebook page, calling her "Princess." Friends and family set up a fundraiser to help pay for funeral expenses.

"Each and every one of you know he was fun to be around," Hilarie's brother said at a vigil held for him, which was videotaped and posted on Facebook. "No matter what we did, we always had a good time and he always had that smile. This isn't easy."

[​IMG]
    Adam Hilarie poses with his daughter in this photo provided by police.

Investigators got a break in the case after a witness reported seeing Hilarie with a young woman Thursday night, and Winter Haven police picked up Bustos in a separate burglary over the weekend.

Police said she was paid $50 to arrange the Hilarie robbery. She was in the car during the heist and said she didn't know the men would kill Hilarie, according to her arrest report.

After the robbery, the men began "celebrating what they had just done," according to the report. They later got in a fight over payment and smashed the TVs and threw away the iPhone. They also stole alcohol, jewelry and marijuana from Hilarie, the report says.

Ray warned prospective users to run internet searches on their dates before meeting up and also to retain a healthy amount of suspicion. He advised against bringing dates home after the first meet-up.

"You just have to remember, you have no idea who you are talking to," he said. "They may present themselves as one thing and be someone totally different."

mojoreece dapped this.
  2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Yep. Got to be careful.

I know people don't want to have folks all up in their business, but you may want to at least text a photo and phone number to at least one trustworthy friend when going to meet someone for the first time.

Better if they are non judgemental when you are on some Hoe Sh!t cause you never know.

Tyroc dapped this.
  3. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Stuff like this makes me sick to my stomach and not even want to try online dating. So they killed dude over some tvs, iphone, xbox? Damn petty criminals. I'm not for the death penalty but stuff like this makes you reconsider. I hope they put them under the jail.

#3 mojoreece, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  4. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Which when people kill folks over petty valued items like this, I wonder is it because they just don't want to do the time if caught? Do they really think they can get away with killing someone so they chance it? Because if that's the case we are valuing human life at less than two thousand bucks.

5. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    This is utterly ridiculous! $50 tho?! I don't even know where to begin.

6. Champagne Papi

Champagne Papi is a Featured MemberChampagne Papi side-n*gga paralegal
    Most Comedic Player The 1000 Daps Club Best Gifs

Daps Received:
    That's f*cked up

7. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    When I see news stories like this I always really hope the killers were really high on something. I just hate to think they would kill the guy when they were totally sober. Why kill him? When you are so sloppy at planning something that you have to know you are going to be practically automatically tracked down and caught, why get caught for cold blooded murder vs robbery? Did they basically have some uncontrollable urge to go to jail for the rest of their lives? I really don't get it.

And after the murder, they 'celebrate' and then stupidly destroy what they stole.

And the one who is not directly involved always never knows anything about it-it is always the same thing-'I never knew they were going to kill him'-well they did so you are just as guilty, and if you did not know and that made a difference, why did you not turn them all in immediately instead of getting tracked down and caught? She will not get one third of the sentence the others will get-probably much less than that. Watch this play out and see.

And I won't judge him considering how I put myself in situations like this hooking up with total strangers and all.

8. SwagJack

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Damn. So fuckin sad. There are so many risks with dating in general, but it seems apps and online based options just make it easier for folks to be targets. I'm kind of distraught reading this.

9. JodyBell87

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Sad. This could happen to anyone. ESPECIALLY gay black men. Online dating is pretty much the norm now, gay or straight. It's extra dangerous for gay men because we do not know the intentions behind the men on these apps. For me, I always keep a weapon hidden away. Whether it be if I'm inviting in a guy I've been dating a while, or a one nighter. You never know..