Brutally honest and witty, 'A Whole New Irving' gives young Black men room to express themselves

Discussion in 'Television and Web Series' started by Nick Delmacy, Oct 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Wow. This is quite profound. Mostly because you are spot on with describing many if not the majority of college educated black gay men. I can be be honest in saying as a college educated gay black men I have found myself guilty of many of your accusations. I have successfully worked on being less pretentious, I do still like labels, but not to the point of I couldn't dare wear anything else, material possessions such as good apts and interior design I do like, and yes Europe is often apart of the conversations at brunch with the other college educated fraternity member gay black men at the table.

However, I have seen some of those type of dudes like myself work on that type of behavior, as it is less than ideal of what we ever want to be.

I have to say tho, I do wish you luck in meeting a,

Because in reality that man which is already rare - you would also have to be attracted to, he be your sexual position, he be drug and disease free, etc. etc.

Anything in life is possible, but being that specific I guess you plan to be single forever.

2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    [​IMG]

3. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    So @Rico there always truth in stereotypes.

:carl2::obamasip:

4. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    As a side note, I recommend for those of you who like to read for fun or who have some time to kill, pick up this book
    Excellent Sheep: The Miseducation of the American Elite and the Way to a Meaningful Life

5. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Sho nuf
    Black Immigrants in U.S. Earning 30% More than U.S. Born Blacks

That’s why the majority of my black friends will continue to be Kyle Barkers, Africans, Latinos, and Afro-Caribbeans. You can tell a man by the company he keeps.

And ironically most of my “Kyle Barker” thinking comes from the only black man from Georgia that mattered and only had a sixth grade education himself

[​IMG]

Notice it says “In America.” The older i get, the more I realize the truth of how mentally dead US born blacks are compared to other blacks...

#40 Winston Smith, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Infinite_loop dapped this.
  6. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I'm more of a blue collar guy myself. So I'm cool hanging with the Overton Wakefield Jones' of the world and not having to worry about being judged as a lesser knuckle draggin gay because my socks don't match my tie, while drinking beer and discussing Neil DeGrasse Tyson's latest podcast over a plate of wings.
    [​IMG]

#41 OckyDub, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Champagne Papi and Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  7. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    THIS IS EVERYTHING!!! Access is the fundamental barrier to entry in everything internships to jobs. Also having a solid network of people to help navigate is missing in black and brown communities.

ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  8. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Def interesting how this post about a web series evolved.

My earlier statement was about that specific kind of Kyle Barker gay man who low-key DESPISES the average Black person, even though on social media they act like the Twitter Defenders of all things Black.

They will buy a shirt that says, "I'm Rooting For Everybody Black - Issa Rae" but I'd bet a paycheck you won't see them publicly rooting for a Black person making less than $80k a year, let alone socializing with one (unless it's a co-worker or one of their Mentees).

So this isn't about success-shaming, its pretentiousness-shaming. Especially when it comes to Black culture and Black people. And even more especially when its coming from Black Gays. I make decent money and I'm as Black and cultured as they come. But I actually live my Blackness, not just Tweet about it in-between taking IG photos of my Gucci bags at a château in Paris.

But to each his own, I'm not the final word on this topic. I'm sure many disagree with me, and many agree...that's the beauty of this kind of website. No other discussions like the one in this thread alone are happening on a gay website or forum.

Infinite_loop and OckyDub dapped this.
  9. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Even though I think its natural human behavior, many of us at times get real sensitive on these here Boards as if one is being personally attacked.

Nonetheless, pretentiousness - materialism is an epidemic in Black gay culture.

I also may add, years ago, I was wearing the loud color, mismatching socks before it was cool. Running late for work, I would just grab what ever socks were in eye sight - clean or dirty - and they didn't match my shirt nor tie. So call me a trend setter LOL.

10. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    This book def looks interesting based on the reviews on Amazon...

I guess I really have an issue with these modern Black educated elites who prefer to go to gentrified Williamsburg gourmet cupcake/coffee bars that ironically play rap music than to actually be around Black people who make said rap music. And not even a club...these type of Blacks wouldn't step foot in a Soul Food restaurant unless it had at least 4 1/2 stars on Yelp and was featured on Trip Advisor.

But lemme get off my soapbox, @Infinite_loop as an educated millennial, where do you fall on this topic of the plight (or shortcomings) of the modern elite "Kyle Barker" Black millennial?

11. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    I debated against giving you a lengthy reply of my opinion about this lol

but here's the thing: until today, I actually didn't know who the heck this Kyle Barker guy is. So, there's that....

You and plenty of folks here know that I seek out black experiences whenever I travel or whatever city I am in. I don't turn away the culture. No sir. Black night clubs, black parties, black restaurants in black neighborhoods, majority black cities. I am there

[​IMG]

I am also fancy as hell and bougie asf. Just ask @Champagne_Papi. I love me a nice bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, I am a dweller of gentrifying coffee shops, I live in Seattle, I love Coldplay and Maroon 5, I went to a majority white university and have pretty much went to thanksgiving every year for the past 5 years at a white family's household.

12. Champagne Papi

Champagne Papi is a Featured MemberChampagne Papi side-n*gga paralegal
    Most Comedic Player The 1000 Daps Club Best Gifs

Daps Received:
    [​IMG]
    ....DeRay Mckesson
    He’s Bad & Boujee.mp3

Nigerian Prince dapped this.