Best Posts in Thread: CA Podcast #53 - The "I'm Just Not That Into You" Episode

1. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I was starting to think podcasts were mythical creatures I was gonna have to go do research on...

takeyourmeds91, OckyDub, DreG and 2 others dapped this.
  2. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I'm still listenin to this and will have more comments later on but, as far as Prince's androgyny and some of these "rappers" today...Prince was a true artist. His image was inherent to his artistry. These dudes nowadays that are prancin' around in embellished, cold shoulder blouses, floral crop tops, sun dresses, and all that other bullshit are doin' it (imo) strictly for attention and media buzz. That's not an artist, that's an industry puppet strugglin' for relevance.

Tyroc, mojoreece, OckyDub and 2 others dapped this.
  3. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Straight men will tell you all. Of. Thier. Bihnus!

I had a coworker telling me all about extramarital affairs with other women. Dudes was cheating on his wife all the time. And she was fine. He was fine too. Don't know what the household problems were but everything seemed cool.

But that dude stayed trying to get me to get with one of our other coworkers who he thought was cute because she was always nice to me. "you need to step up to that, mane!"

Straight men can be cool as a fan. I just with more gay men could just be regular dudes and enjoy guy stuff.

Jdudre, Tyroc, SB3 and 1 other person dapped this.
  4. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Im glad someone said it in regards to the "date" comparison of the straight man vs. gay man. When I heard that part of the podcast I just shook my head.

There is ABSOLUTLY no pretense energy, being guarded, watching your moves or what you say during a straight "date". Y'all just dudes chillin. Thats why the convo is so good, y'all laughing, he asking you questions, etc. Hell, I've chilled with straight dudes and they have done everything Nick is so enamored with including farting, pushing you away laughing hard, vivid sex talk, the works. Cause in the end, they not trying to fvck you or get to know you on an intimate romantic level, and they don't want to. You the homie. Thats why the "date" is so loose, casual, good.

In retrospect, dating on any level, gay or straight (WITH SOMEONE YOU COULD BE FVCKING SOON), some individuals are just not comfortable either with themselves or the date. They feel out the situation, choose words carefully sometimes, etc. They are looking at you as a potential suitor or if not that, they may be horny and may want to fvck and don't wanna mess up that potential prospect by doing or saying something dumb as hell. So in turn, the date can sometimes be awkward.

Is that right or an excuse? Not at all. I would rather date someone that can do both as well. Trip out like the homie, but still have that flirt look in his eye and keep it sexy with the attitude, I'm into you. But painting gay dudes with the blanket statement of horrible dates vs. straight dudes just seem totally off base to me. Its more layers to it.

5. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Pride travels

I will never understand why people after a certain age are still so caught up in the pride circuit. I do understand wanting to travel around but there's more to a city than the gay side. But again I'm one of the boring gays who would have no problem going to the blueberry farm and picking up FREE blueberries, going kayaking, insect museums and such. So what do I know? I'll take going to the Alamo, Alcatraz, the Grand Canyon, comic con, and etc.

When I go to a city I like a balance of tourist traps and spots the locals go to. If the only time someone's been to a city is during a party weekend they are not really getting a full view of what it's like there. That's why I think so many people are enamored with Atlanta.

International travel

Have been off continent once. It was cool,
    I can't do it now because I'm trying to get a mortgage but after that... I'm out! Lol and it won't be the Dominican Republic because mofos wouldn't even be going there if Southwest didn't fly there. The DR is like the Dollar Tree of international travel.

Bdays

I have seen many photos and flyers for gay birthday parties. People want a step a repeat with photo ops and VIP... For turning 26. Not even a milestone year. Hell I'd rather spend that budget on something for me than a party to impress folks who I don't like or know. How many people actually show up with gifts to these parties?

Single Black Ladies

I saw that special on Nightline. Professional black women who were educated and degreed up but couldn't find black men "on their level" they wanted to be with successful black men and be power couples. Didn't want to deal with a blue collar type dude. I said all of them probably had the driest, cobwebbed filled vaginas because they were wanting every box checked on their lists and didn't come off compromising. So what if you got a degree and a 80k job? You dissing a dude making 45k as a mechanic who doesn't have to work weekends?

Power couples are for show. It's not a business merger just because you are both successful and upper middle class. That doesn't mean you are compatible. Everyone isn't going to be a Jay Z and Beyoncé.

Definitely don't dis the dude in the hooptie. I am nearing 300k miles in my ride now. I have serious car fever. But I also have control. I have good credit. I can get a new car no problem. I'm trying to get a mortgage so I'm prioritizeing that goal over a car. I'm enjoying not having a note while I pay off other debt when I wrecked my credit, which is why I have good credit now.

Everyone shouldn't be able to guess your money by looking at your ride and labels.

I think that every culture flosses. I may just seem like The Black Gays floss a lot more because we are in that circle to varies degrees or pay more attention. Though I know of many gay dudes who are robbing Visa to pay Mastercard to look fabulous. Again impressing people who they don't like or know. I mean you are really not bout that life if you're got a $300.00 wallet with a total available balance of $42.78 across all accounts.

alton, ColumbusGuy, Tyroc and 1 other person dapped this.