Chella Man Is the First Trans Masculine Face of YSL Beauty

Discussion in 'Thirst Traps' started by OckyDub, Oct 25, 2021.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

In a project launched this week, actor and model Chella Man has made history as one of the first out trans masculine figures to work with a major beauty brand. Man is a member of YSL Beauty's Nu Collective, a collective of young influencers working with the brand's Nu Collection.

Other members of the collective include Out cover star Rickey Thompson as well as Brynne Rosetta. The campaign and collection is targeted at younger consumers featuring a "clean and sustainable" makeup and skincare hybrid line.

"My body's ability to adapt is a treasure," Man wrote to Instagram posting video from the campaign. "The scars on my chest and behind my ears remind me of this."

Man, who is both trans and Deaf, appears wearing jewelry from his Beauty of Being Deaf line.

Man's casting comes as a part of a history of trans models working in fashion that stretches back to at least the 1960s. For the first 50 years, the lionshare of those models worked without their gender being public knowledge. Even after this, most have been trans women. Names like Andreja Pejic, Lea T, Valentina Sampaio, Miss Fame, and Teddy Quinlivan have booked gigs working with Make Up for All, Redken, L'Oreal, Balmain, Charlotte Tilsbury, and Chanel in this space. Man is one of the first, if not the first, trans masculine person to nab a major beauty campaign.

Man initially came to prominence chronicling his transition on social media. He then also became an advocate for Deaf communities and made history when he was signed to IMG. In 2019, he also explored acting, being cast as Jericho in Titans.

Chella Man Is the First Trans Masculine Face of YSL Beauty

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    He fine but....I need a spring roll, egg roll, or a lumpia down there. I like the peen between.

But we may be able to work something out.
    63B00303-78AC-496A-8437-2831350058B9.jpeg