Colin Kaepernick Didn't Vote

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by mojoreece, Nov 10, 2016.

1. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:

Landess Kearns Senior Editor, HuffPost Hawaii

After a season of high-profile protesting, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has revealed that he did not vote in the 2016 election.

When asked if he had already voted Tuesday, Kaepernick told reporters no, according to San Francisco Chronicle reporter Eric Branch. When asked if he planned to at all, his response was the same.

Follow
    [​IMG]Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

Reporter: Have you voted?
    Colin Kaepernick: "No."
    Reporter: Are you going to vote?
    Kaepernick: "No."#49ers
    3:53 PM - 8 Nov 2016
    “To me, it didn’t really matter who went in there,” Kaepernick told reporters Wednesday. “The system still remains intact that oppresses people of color.”

Kaepernick has been staging protests during the national anthem since the NFL preseason, sitting or kneeling while it is played before games, an act that he has said is an attempt to raise awareness about police killings of African-Americans.

I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick told NFL.com in August. “To me, this is bigger than football, and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street, and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

The quarterback’s protests have made national headlines, receiving both intense backlash and fervent support ― even President Barack Obama came to the quarterback’s defense.

[​IMG]
    MICHAEL ZAGARIS VIA GETTY IMAGES
    Support grew for quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s protests. Eli Harold, left, and Eric Reid, right, of the San Francisco 49ers kneel with him during the national anthem on Oct. 23.
    Kaepernick has also spoken briefly about the 2016 presidential nominees, Republican President-elect Donald Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton.

It was embarrassing to watch that these are our two candidates,” Kaepernick told reporters after the first presidential debate on Sept. 27. “Both are proven liars, and it almost seems like they’re trying to debate who’s less racist.”

“At this point ... you have to pick the lesser of two evils. But in the end, it’s still evil.”

However, it appears that Kaepernick decided to choose neither ― and his refusal to vote has left many baffled and angry.

Sports commentator Stephen A. Smith, who had previously said Kaepernick “personified what a protest is supposed to be,” did not mince words Wednesday while discussing the quarterback’s refusal to vote, saying Kaepernick “betrayed his cause” by not participating in the election.

“As far as I’m concerned, Colin Kaepernick is absolutely irrelevant,” Smith said on ESPN’s “First Take.” “I don’t want to see him again, I don’t want to hear from him again, I don’t want to hear a damn word about anything that he has to say about our nation, the issues that we have, racial injustices, needing change.

“He comes across as a flaming hypocrite, as far as I’m concerned. ... To turn around and not to even take your behind to the polls to vote for a particular candidate — it is shameful, absolutely shameful.”

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

Follow
    [​IMG]Stephen A Smith

✔@stephenasmith

As far as I’m concerned, @Kaepernick7 is absolutely irrelevant.

5:17 PM - 9 Nov 2016

Also on HuffPost

#1 mojoreece, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I agree with Stephen, for once...

3. mojoreece

Daps Received:
    I get where Colin is coming from but I personally don't agree with him. I get (don't agree) him not voting for a president. But that's not the only thing on a voting ballot. What about your candidates for US Senate, Gov, State Reps and Attorney General. More importantly what about your local city reps who are the ones who are responsible for the police. Or your Judges who determine the sentencing , bail etc, when someone is charged with a crime.

Or what about the California marijuana referendum that would directly impact African American arrested on marijuana drug charges. Not including the other referendum voted for in California include:
    • (Again) Proposition 64 · Legalizes marijuana for use by adults 21 and over
    • Proposition 57 · Allows parole consideration for nonviolent felons and allows juvenile court judges to decide whether juveniles will be prosecuted as adults
    • Proposition 51 · $9 Billion Bond for modernizing K-12, charter, vocational schools and community colleges
    • Proposition 52 · Extends existing fee on hospitals to fund coverage for Medi-Cal, uninsured patients, and children's health
    • Proposition 56 · Increases taxes on tobacco and e-cigarettes to increase funding for health care for low-income Californians
    • Proposition 62 · Repeals the death penalty and replaces it with life imprisonment without possibility of parole
    There was NO local candidates that support your vision Kaepernick? You could of at least voted for one of the referendum's at least. To me you kind of lose me if your trying to speak truth to power but you chose not to vote. For me you really can't complain and protest if you don't engage in the civic process. How can you speak when you refuse your seat at the table?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#3 mojoreece, Nov 10, 2016
  4. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Folks are way too emotional for me at this moment. Colin pays taxes...which means regardless if he votes he still has a say (and opinion) about the country he pays into and lives in. HIS taxes contribute to the infrastructure and facilities that citizens used to cast their votes in California. Do I agree with him, no, but the lame guilt trips that voters lay on non-voters is ridiculous. With his non-vote and and taking a knee, he has still managed to bring more attention to racism and oppression than either candidate who ran for President.

Voting hasn't and will never out do economic power in a capitalist society. Black folks keep praying, keep voting, keep marching, keep crying, keep forgiving and keep talking about "what we need to do as a community is", while spending billions of dollars on things that DO NOTHING to elevate their power.

Mean while, the Asian American community continues to have little to no voter turn out and continues to dominate legislation by using their economic power to lobby politicians to assist their communities.

Black folks are used and allow themselves to be used as props in every election and gets crumbs in return.

FYI...States who already have marijuana legislation (like Colorado) are still arresting Blacks and Latinos. Its cute how minorities think white supremacy is gonna take a back seat to things like "laws".

Marijuana Related Arrests Skyrocket In Colorado For Black And Latino Minors

OhSheit, Dante and alton dapped this.
  5. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    42.0 million other eligible voters didn't vote either. Who cares.

What is upsetting is that 6 million Americans were legally barred from voting because of felony convictions even though they served their time.

270,000 Floridians (my home state) were not allowed to participate in voting.

Decision are made by those who show up. That is what I believe.

Dante dapped this.
  6. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    More people showed up for Hillary. Donald Trump is President.

Liberal Democrats live in bubbles and speak in echo chambers. Democratic politicians can are are just as devious and crocked as Conservatives and Republicans. People are tired of establishment politics and the systems that support them.

The strategies for the 60's no longer work and are not able to work because the Black community has disbanded and is no longer a monolith. The Black voting block at a 100% is still a minority. Alternative and different courses of action are needed.

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  7. BlackguyExecutive

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I think the Democrats lost because Democrats didn't show up to the polls. I also think left-leaners decided that they either didn't want to vote or took the incredible privilege to vote for a third party who had no chance of winning.

I speak about the election this way. If any of the battle states had gone a few points the other way. Donald Trump wouldn't be president-elect. I think that if you look at the demographics, I think you are wrong about groups voting as a monolith. Black people who voted gave the democrats 92% of their votes. Black women, in particular, carried Clinton. On the other side, White man and women of all educational levels gave Donald 52% their votes. This election was very much a partisan election. Democrats voted for Democrats and at the end of the day Republicans voted for Republicans.

NikR, alton and mojoreece dapped this.
  8. BlackguyExecutive

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I think a better argument to be made now is the generational divide and the progressive vs liberal divide. I also think we are having a elites vs nonelites divide. For purposes of this discussion, those with college degrees vs those without. I think the Democrats need to stop looking down on those without college degrees or college education. With that being said, all of those rust-belt people and plains state people just voted in the GOP that will surely take away or reduce their welfare. More rust-belters are on Food Stamps. We just don't ask them to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and stop nibbling on the tit of dependence.

9. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    More people showed up to the polls and voted for Hillary over Trump. More people agreed with Hillary and her policies than the policies (if even there were any) of Trump AND she still lost for a reason....it was because of her and the DNC.

You would think Dems and Libs would "get it" before its too late. Trump is president because you all still just don't get it.

Start with Hillary and end at the DNC and their deceitfulness. Clean up your own houses before you attempt to cast LOSING shade on someone else's. Lib Hillary supporters keep dancing around this issue which shows you are not willing to move forward.

alton and Winston Smith dapped this.
  10. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking

States with the most people on food stamps:
    • Louisiana. • Number of food stamp recipients: 868,192. ...
    • Tennessee. • Number of food stamp recipients: Just over 1.28 million. ...
    • Oregon. • Number of food stamp recipients: 791,222. ...
    • West Virginia. • Number of food stamp recipients: 369,249. ...
    • New Mexico. ...
    • Mississippi. ...
    • District of Columbia.
    States with the most people on food stamps

fs_recip_map.JPG

mojoreece and OckyDub dapped this.
  11. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    While the midwest/rustbelt will suffer from GOP policies in the next 4 years, minority communities from poor African American areas in inner cities, to Native Americans out west, to latinos in the poorer areas of the west and in the colonias along the Rio Grande..the poorest of the poor...will suffer the most.

12. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    If liberals and democrats are now psychics and can predict the future, why didn't yall know Hillary was going to lose??

alton dapped this.
  13. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Not predicting the future but going on common sense. The poorest of the poor always suffer the most with cutbacks in government services(and the expectation of that is what we are talking about). If those cutbacks happen, those are the groups that will suffer the most, because historically they always have suffered the most with cutbacks.

-Never said I was a psychic...don't put words in my mouth.
    -It was not just liberals and Democrats who were hoodwinked about this election-Trump supporters are for the most part happily surprised at the results of the election...and again, he just barely won, and did not even win the popular vote. If 3 states that were close had gone the other way(Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania) we would have a Clinton win.

Quit gloating! lol it is not becoming of you.

BlackguyExecutive dapped this.
  14. BlackguyExecutive

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I guess, the point I was making is that a lot of these poor whites who think Trump and the GOP are going to save them and somehow change their skill level and make 20th-century jobs reappear in the 21st Century are mistaken.

OckyDub dapped this.
  15. BlackguyExecutive

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    This was a partisan election. Republicans voted republicans and in a few states they sneaked out victories. Trump barely won florida, north carolina, pennsylvania, and wisconsin. Democrats simply didn't turn out their voters.

16. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I agree, the poorest communities always suffer the most....regardless of who is president. Bernie Sanders was the only candidate talking about "The Poor", all the others talking points stop at "The Middle Class".

ControlledXaos and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  17. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    ^^ you also have to take into account that 60 percent of the population is non-hispanic white, while 13 percent is black. So if whites are less than 60 percent of anything, they are under represented.

I agree. Most of the jobs lost were due to automation and robotics, not jobs leaving for another area. And that will only increase, and manufacturing employment will continue to fall no matter what. Those jobs are gone forever. There are not enough 21st Century jobs in the US to go around anyway, even if everyone got the needed education and relocated to the 'right'(no pun intended) areas.

Winston Smith dapped this.
  18. BlackguyExecutive

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    People don't care about the poor because they think the poor are being taking care of. The poor get food stamps, medicaid, and other benefits.

That is why no one talks about the poor.

We need to rethink what being poor means in America.

Winston Smith, Dante and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  19. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    More Republicans turned out, less Democrats turned out, and some Democrats(white blue collar union etc)and unaffiliated voted Republican. But I also think that the dislike for Hillary herself caused a lot of women(as in college educated women) to go for Trump-despite Trump being Trump. Hillary's negatives were underestimated I think.

20. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Those programs are more limited than most people realize(they still have the Reagan 'welfare queen' image), and people do not realize how many working poor there are who are just scraping by but don't qualify for most benefits. I have volunteered at food banks(for anyone) and the number of white working poor people using them is staggering. Some people will do about anything before they go on public assistance. I would probably qualify for food stamps myself right now...but I am not on them. I was raised it was a shameful thing to be on any public assistance..and that sticks with me as it does many people. I was raised that if you have to be dependent on the government, you might as well put a bullet in your brain.

21. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    This Is the issue that I have with non voters . You didn't want to vote for president . Okay cool . But the local things didn't interest you at all either so you just say f it all ? You could have just skipped that section of ballot .

See these is why primaries are important but people just skip all over those .

However at least he's got a reason to not vote . These people who didn't vote because they were too lazy to get out of house or just so oblivious to it tho . . . But maybe it's best they didn't vote.

Winston Smith and Dante dapped this.
  22. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    or OR it could be because of our collective education and excitement level is completely different when it comes to mid-term or local elections vs the election for President. Many if not most people only vote for President. Not making an excuse for hi-yella Colin but...

mojoreece dapped this.
  23. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Yeah. I got that too . People don't start paying attention until it's a big election or something like marijuana or gambling legalization . No one gets excited about the 3rd district representative race .

mojoreece and OckyDub dapped this.
  24. mojoreece

Daps Received:
    Killa Mike on how we should move forward

Now bring it back to Colin Kaepernick
    I think in focusing in and being shocked at the Presidential Election. Yes it's important and Trump won :( People forget how important local elections are. Local reps, County Commissioners, and Judges impact your everyday life more. If your focus is relationships with police with the black community its starts locally. If your talking about mass incarceration, black arrest, and sentencing and being charged; it starts with your local prosecutors and locally elected judges. These are the people who execute the law on a everyday and who most people will see if you have any legal issues.

Kap also has a nonprofit that teaches young black men about their rights. I mean if your trying fight social injustice and trying to teach young kids about being more aware people ppl are going to look at you cross eyed if your not fully engaged in the civic process.
    This is from Kap's nonprofit website:

[​IMG]

#24 mojoreece, Nov 10, 2016
  25. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking

The problem in a nutshell:

The Democratic Party is full of privileged, self-righteous, elitist, old motherfukkas (Gen-Xers like me included) that expected the young to just go along to get along, shut up, and show up. As I mentioned to NikR offline, the DNC and black organizations have, since I was his age (Clinton era of 90s) ignored the young, expecting them to sit at the political holiday kiddie table and accept the Happy Meals handed to them. Baby Boomers like Clinton are too fucking old to be RUNNIN THANGZ (so are Gen-Xers) and the millennials should have been integrated into the process since they were in grammar school. Say what you want about Herr Donald, he involves his kids in EVERYTHING as do rural gun-nuts who take their little moppets to every NRA BBQ going on. Hillary's spoiled ass (and Obama's too) expected everyone to just show up because: white/black bourgeoise privilege.

And the Democratics STILL DON'T FUCKING GET IT
    Keith Ellison, Howard Dean offered as possible DNC chairs as Democrats seek to regroup

Howard Dean? Really? Sample these here cyber-parts: NikR is a under 30 and a medical doctor. BlackExecutive is under-35 and a diplomat. A microcosm of the young talent in this country. And all they can find is old-ass fuckers to "rebuild the party"?

Now, my one criticism of you youngbloods' generation is that you DIDN'T HAVE TO REALLY WORK en masse to put Obama in office other than just show up at the polls. No GOTV campaigns, no phone calls, no manning polling places, being precinct captains, etc. My generation (old man rant) had to go door-to-door canvassing, convince people to change their mind, sign petitions, drive old folks to the poll, plant yard signs, call thousands of people from voter rolls, etc. WHERE IS YOUR SWEAT EQUITY for this election? Social media blogging don't count. Now all your less-intelligent peers are crying like little bitches because they thought Hillary's victory was supposed to be handed to them like so much as been handed to them by their sorry ass helicopter parents since the end of the cold war. You NEEDED a good bitchslapping. Just like a martial arts student that's never been hit by an opponent, you all NEEDED a good punch in your damned faces and stomachs to show you the fight is real and get you up on your feet to want to hit back.

Finally, study your enemies and not just your own echo-chamber of soundbites; "Trump is Evil," "Deplorables," etc. The trouble with having so many young men today with no military experience is that you all don't know how to calculate a strike; appreciate your enemy's moves, even in defeat; learn from them, adopt them and then beat them at their own game. Or as General Patton said of Patton as to why he was able to defeat Nazi General Rommel

@Sean @DreG @SB3 @BlackguyExecutive @NikR ...All you millennials get to work!

26. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I agree 1000%.

I personally won't try to scrutinize any tax-paying, community-contributing citizen on their personal position on not voting (Jehovah's Witnesses or not). But I will scrutinize those people who vote (or who will just only vote if there is a Black Presidential candidate, including the "Handout Recipients" who aspire seeing the 1st or 15th of the month) and assume that's the deal sealer. You have to be at least truly contributing to your local community and city for the bettering of a service, cause or initiative towards YOUR people to talk any kind of shit with a solid backbone. #StopTalkingDoSomethingMatters

Purple_Is_Wack dapped this.
  27. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I remember asking a guy years ago if he went to vote. His excuse was he wasn't able to go (as he was sitting home that whole day able-bodied and two or three blocks from the nearest polling place). If the Social Security Administration would have made it mandatory to vote in order for him get his SSI/SSDI check, he would have ran out the house..smh. This is very common.

There will always be people that won't vote for no reason. They are intentionally self-indulged in their comfortabilities that are given to them (i.e. government) and nothing else matters outside of those comfortabilities.

Purple_Is_Wack and Winston Smith dapped this.
  28. mojoreece

Daps Received:
    This is why voting is important

[​IMG]

29. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    While it's easy to berate non-voters, the losers in this election need to be honest and examine why they failed to pull out of that 46.9% that @mojoreece cites more people to their cause. Blaming non-voters is so easy.

1) Dems: why were you so arrogant to nominate a candidate with huge unfavorables and baggage history? Did you think symbolism and elite privilege ("She deserves this" as Slick Willie said) was going to carry the day over the substance of people's realities or their perceptions of their realities?

2) Obama: why did you wait so late in the game to put skin in? Why did your party have to drag out any assistance from you, i.e. the intellectual property and resources from your 2008 and 2012 campaign apparatus? Don't be bitter about your legacy and having to do photo ops with Trump when you were so non-commital until too late in the process. Even if it's true and you don't really like the Clintons (lord knows I immensely hate those two fuckers myself), you mean you weren't worried about the CARETAKING and FURTHERANCE or your legacy after you were no longer in a position to directly feed/create it? Sorry folks, I always thought Obama was WAY WAY overrated as a thinker and organizer and he coasted too much on the pop psychology of his "cool image" rather than put in real work. The results prove the perception I've always had of him. The symbolism of having a black president doesn't mean shit if the intelligence and substance isn't there to further the legacy. Even Martin Luther King laid out a plan for continuing after his demise. Obama benefitted from King's legacy but was no King himself. With a black president and a dollar you can buy a cup of coffee...

3) Non-Hispanics/Non-Latinos: why did you not understand demographics instead of stereotypes? There is no one "Hispanic" or "Latino" group in America, they are not all illegal Mexicans. Many Mexicans are here legally. Puerto Ricans are not Cubans are not Mexicans are not Central Americans are not South Americans. Even within these subgroups there are racial and class differences. PRs are American citizens by birth; most white Cubans (Rubio) are Republican, etc. Vast numbers of Latinos are Catholic, and their political take on Catholicism may not be an Anglo Democrat's take like Joe Biden's. You assumed they were one big group of "single issue voters" (immigration) and you paid the price. Even a large portion of Mexican-Americans supported Trump. And those who immigrated/naturalized here legally are usually MORE PISSED at illegals than us natural born citizens.

4) Chris Matthews is right: why the hell yall protesting NOW? You think whining and crying is going to get you fed by the oncoming regime like a baby with a soiled diaper? All that sturm und drang should have been put into a viable, self-sustaining operation to get the results you wanted. The Internet made y'all lazy. Flapping gums on Bill Maher, tweeting and blogging is not the building of a working structure. That's why every millennial protest dissipates like a steaming pot when the gas is turned down: Occupy, BLM, etc. A whole lot of emotion, insufficient deliberation. Colin may not vote but he has a structure and he's building something to outlast him.

Y'all need to figure out how to be the next Outsider, like Nixon in 1968, Reagan in 1980, and Clinton in 1992. Clinton failed to realize she was now The Man, the Establishment, The System as did Jeb Bush, Rubio, et al on the GOP side. And people treated her accordingly. @Ockydub is right. If it was JUST ABOUT race, how did we go from two terms of Obama electorally (with a handy defeat of Romney In the middle) to one term of Trump? But tables always turn. Trump may have won as the Outsider now but he and his crew are the Establishment.

Learn to build an intelligent coalition that bridges white working class with blacks and other groups rather than a mouthy conglomerate of grievance groups and whiners. What the hell did John Mellencamp know 30 years ago that Dems seem to have forgotten?

Didn't y'all miss my insomnia-tinged tldr rants?

#29 Winston Smith, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    mojoreece, ColumbusGuy and OckyDub dapped this.
  30. mojoreece

Daps Received:

This helped me to understand Kaepernick's stance. Still think you should vote on the local issues though.

Winston Smith and Dante dapped this.
  31. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Hoteps running around often misconstrue and forget Malcolm's most famous speech was titled the Ballot OR the Bullet. Bullets were not a foregone conclusion. He was saying have an honest and respectful system and society need not come to revolution. Unfortunately, many human beings of all races has zero sum mentalities (to wit, this election) and seem hellbent worldwide to resort to Bullets with no Ballots.

32. BlackguyExecutive

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    You are exactly right. I was speaking with my college roommate who was the chief lawyer for voter protection for the State of Colorado in the Hillary Campaign he said the Democratic Party will be taken over, it is time to retire the old guard with new blood. I think there will be a major progressive push coming from the states over the next couple of years. Taking positions on county Democratic Executive Committees, and running for delegate positions.

I certainly don't know what is going to happen in the next four years and I am nervous for the diplomatic work we are doing. I am hearing calls that the republicans are calling for hiring freeze on federal employment. That affects me because I haven't reached tenured yet - I could be out of a job. Part of me thinks that my talents could be used back home, helping organize or even run for political office myself but another part of me is selfish...I worked this hard to do this why should I give it up....it is just four years...but a lot of damage can occur in four years.

33. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I'm hoping for you it's a case where the GOP talked shit but in reality leave y'all be. Even a muscular foreign policy requires diplomacy. Usually it's idiots on the left and right with no intelligence, law enforcement or military experience that talk all this unpragmatic, otherworldly shit in terms of the need of the diplomacy/intelligence/nexus. Trump and Pence might be as dangerous as that idiot Madeleine Albright and her statements to Colin Powell in 1993; or maybe generals and a senior policy can talk them into sense. So Trump is still a big unknown. I know you had kind words for your former boss but I just saw Hillary through Colin Powell eyes, i.e. another clueless woman trying to "tough like a man" like Albright and not a tough-but-sane woman like the late Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

I'm sure if you came back stateside there would be a position in "regular" Fed service for someone like you, even with a freeze. Plus I'm aure you would EASILY get a private sector lobbying or other gig with your c.v. Then there's all the speaking, talking head and consulting gigs I see for a young man like you.

I shoulda been a high school guidance counselor or corporate head hunter, lol...

34. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I was overnight admitter, watching the returns come in. I was perplexed. Then sad. Then incensed. And then resolve happened.

The ACA AND Medicare are gonna get decimated by the GOP- and if y'all didn't know that, you haven't been listening to Paul Ryan over the past 6 years. It's gonna happen. A lot of people are gonna get sick. And a few will actually die. I've seen people literally saved because they had insurance through the ACA. I know the stakes, so I'm making moves.

I'm hoping to land in DC for fellowship. Because that's where I'm needed. If I land in Baltimore, the Center for Medicare and Medcaid Services is there. That'll work too.

I'm putting my actions where my words are. I'm gonna be more involved. Maybe I'll make friends. Maybe I'll make enemies. All I know is that my patients need me. And the rest of political action will follow.

35. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Parts of it will probably get overturned but Trump had already started modifying his stance. The reality is that people, left and right, talk all ideological online, on Fox News and MSNBC, but in reality everybody's got their hand in some government pot. Like all those veteran and Tea Party-on-Medicaid white seniors who got religion during the 2013 shutdown. I'll be honest, my focus is math and economics, as opposed to medicine and hard science like yours. As a doctor your first question is what does this patient need for her or his situation? As a business, market-oriented mind, my first question is are resources available and is the economic foundation for treatment sustainable? Reality happens in the middle ground.

As an idiosyncratic black Independent, I've made it no secret that I always hated the Clintons and what I believe was black folks' erroneous devotion to them (yeah, I'm looking at you Toni Morrison). Remember, I've got a few actual miles under the hood, so I was around for their racial triangulating such as the made-up sister Soulja Affair, the execution of a mentally retarded black man in Arkansas, super-predators, etc. All so they could get the trailer park vote and nod-nod-wink-wink to certain constituencies that "we really know how to keep them niggers in check." And there have always been numerous voices on THE LEFT that have pointed out Clintonian bullshit, from black left reporters at The Black Agenda website; to political cartoonist Ted Rall; to the late socialist writer Christopher Hitchens, whose book "No One Left to Lie To" opened my eyes as a black man to the Clintons as a malignant growth on America's collective ass.

Already, they're trotting out Chelsea Clinton as the solution for "the next generation of liberals and Democrats." Trump voters said fuck all that Bush Dynasty shit on the right (in this case, good for them!), young talented brothers like you and @BlackguyExecutive need to ensure that the dynasty shit ends on the Dem/liberal side and DEMAND that FRESH voices like yours are heard and fashion the future. And learn to identify and use those on "the other side" as leverage and allies. Just because there's a label, doesn't mean there might not be substance or something useful. I always liked Jack Kemp as a conservative because, probably from his NFL days, he knew how to talk to black folk. Barry Goldwater, who was supposedly Mr Right Wing, was an open supporter of gay rights and marriage and opposed the religious right while calculating people like Obama and the Clintons were still trying to "evolve on the issue." Deroy Murdock is a black conservative who had always been openly gay even as he supported people like Reagan. And don't forget it was Dubya's solicitor general who took the DOMA fight to the Supreme Court.

That's why I'm an independent: I recognize the assholes and angels on all sides.

Now, all that being said, I'll give Herr Trump 100 days so I can see what his REAL federal executive management style will be, just like I kept my piece for the first 100 days of the Chicago's mayor term until he proved himself to be the odious, lying, triangulating, incompetent piece of shit that I'd knew he'd be as mayor. The end of the Clintons is the end of the line for Rahm Emanuel too (bwahahahahahaha)

Now that Obamacare has had a foothold, the GOP will be hard pressed to pull the lollipop out of the baby's mouth. Hopefully all the wrangling between libs and cons will get us to single payer like Switzerland, who no one can accuse of being a Banana Republic Socialist regime. Their government provides the basics and if you want more than what they provide, you are free to supplement as a Swiss citizen with your own money and private insurance. Obamacare was a piece of lobbyist created filth that needs to be revised, a crony capitalist Trojan horse disguised as a social program. Hopefully and someday, between Republican bullshit and Democratic bullshit, we'll be like the Swiss...

And you know I'm rooting for your personal success.

OckyDub dapped this.