Crispr-Cas9 explained

Discussion in 'Mental, Medical and Sexual Health' started by Lancer, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:

I heard about this a while back when I was invited to a dinner. One of the attendees was working on this project and she mentioned how its going to be available to the Uber wealthy. I can just see it now, taking all the qualities they want from a black person and putting it in a white person. You might say that's crazy and I will reply 'Black Mirror baby'!
    These are not my only thoughts on this, however I would like to hear you guys thoughts.

2. Gxvision

Gxvision Lurker

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    Single
    Thanks for sharing!

[Not to be a cynic but....] This technology (CrispR) will definitely be exploited by the wealthy. On the flip—there are many benefits I do see from the tech that could be promising for human health.. but as they say in science "I'm cautiously optimistic". Before I can even think of them making black clones (which they probably are by other methods lmao) I would think this could be used as a bio-weapon of some sort. Either way kudos to humanity for achieving this scary shit I guess.

mojoreece dapped this.
  3. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    As much as they want to deny it. Designer babies prob will be the future. Whats stopping some uber rich person to hire their own private rouge doctor and fund the research. So ethical and inequality will need to be ironed out.

But this tech could help prevent and cure disease. It could also help couples who struggle with having kids. Or like a male same sex couple could have a baby together using their cells.

This reminds of the post i made previously

Winston Smith and Gxvision dapped this.