Discussion in 'Podcasts' started by Nick Delmacy, Feb 7, 2016.

Cypher Avenue Bonus Podcast #49a - Bonus Bites 2016-02-07

A new Bonus Cypher Avenue Podcast available exclusively to The Boards

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    [​IMG]

Brehs, we present to you a BONUS episode of the CYPHER AVENUE PODCAST!

In this bonus podcast released EXCLUSIVELY on The Boards, Cypher Avenue founders Ocky Williams and Nick Delmacy #OscarsSoWhite, Racism on Dating Sites and Nick's controversial article on the apparent negativity seen in most Black Gay Relationships.

The podcast is only available to registered forum members who have met the minimum access requirements (uploaded avatar + at least 10 approved forum comments) or be a registered forum member and donate $5 or more on the site here: Donate | Lifestyle. Urban News. Geek Culture. Entertainment. | The Boards to bypass access requirements.

Coltrane and Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  2. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Dating sites and apps seem to be of the devil. How many people do you know(anyone) who has a successful long term relationship from meeting on one? I don't date now but if I did I would do it the old fashioned way. Go to places to meet gay people who may have the same interests and try to meet a variety of people. Meet more people(and in the right settings) and you are going to have better chances. This is going to be harder for black gay men because there are fewer of you-for every gay black man there are five white ones. It is going to be hard-especially if you have a busy life and do not live in or near a large city with a large black population.

Find out where masculine gay black men(or whatever you tend to like) go, what they like, look for groups that meet, like minded individuals who have interests to the point they are willing to get up off the couch and physically go to meet up. Sports are a good example-you have to physically get up and go somewhere to play, from softball to bowling. You don't truly meet someone until you meet them, and online stuff just does not count until you meet. It can get the ball rolling in the right direction though.

When I first came out I did not want to do the 'bar' thing. I went to a place that was an alternative, where all kinds of gay men could go to have discussions, talk about different subjects, kind of like encounter groups?lol..similar to that. And most of the people there were there for the same reasons, and although there was a variety of people, most seemed to be just 'regular guys' who happened to be gay.

What did people do before the internet? They met people going about their everyday life, and if they needed to they increased their social activity to meet more people. You met someone and you started from their without a lot of preconceived notions of what that person needed to be. It seemed to work(and even 50/50 in marriage is still as likely to stay together as to not stay together(glass half full).

People seem to do the online/app thing because it is what everyone else is doing and it is easier to just sit and do stuff online. But easier, or newer, does not equal better. If you are looking for good food, how much luck are you going to have if you don't put in the effort to find it and just hit up the fast food joints because that is what most people do and it is easy and you don't even have to get out of the car. How likely are you to get a quality meal? How likely is that food to not be only what you like, but what is actually going to be good for you?

I actually think that we may be going back to something almost like arranged marriages, except people are doing the arranging themselves, lining up 'expectations' just like a matchmaker would. In my experience, life just does not work like that(and I don't care how much we are spoon fed the EHarmony/Match.com bull commercials of couples who met that right one-yeah there are successes-but what about the more numerous failures-that is just advertising bull!).

I am older, from a different era and from pretty much a different culture. But my parents(God willing) will be married 60 years in June, both of my brothers are approaching 25 years of marriage. My longer than a decade relationship ended because of death. And everyone met someone who they just happened to meet, not someone who fit a long laundry list of what they wanted. Sometimes you can 'fit' in a relationship without having so much in common-when it comes to much of the laundry list of similar likes and dislikes, hell I think a lot of that could or even should be met and satisfied by friends, not someone you want to 'love'. Unless you just want to date yourself/a clone of yourself.

Maybe this applies, maybe it does not. And I think it will be more difficult for you because everything seems to have more obstacles in the way if you are black, at least that is how it seems from the outside looking in. Nick was right, there is no reason for the guys here to have to be involuntarily without sex or without a relationship(that including him). Putting yourself in real life situations where you can meet like minded individuals to not only look for a guy but to meet people and from them, meet more people is the tried and true way. It just takes more effort now because so many people are attached to the hip with their devices and the net, etc. None of the people I dated were from online-even this last one five years ago I met through a coworker.

Regarding the Oscars, forming another group is ok, but still fight for representation in the Oscars-it is simply a matter of fairness and what is right, and that is never a 'wrong' fight. Things are not fair in Hollywood and everyone knows it. whether or not they admit it. I am sure many whites know it is not fair, and are perfectly fine with it that way. but just as many are not ok with it. Allies are always important, especially if you are a minority that is 15 % of the population, and especially if you are a minority within a minority within a minority-masculine leaning/liking gay black men.

*sorry this is so damn long. Just my possibly outdated own viewpoint- if anything fits, great, if not, then discard it.
    I appreciate the ability to be on this site and interact with all of you.

grownman, Dante and Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  3. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I definitely enjoyed the podcast and thanks for the shoutout in the main Podcast #49!!!!

4. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating out there is vicious. I am open to dating all races, however I really want to date a black guy like me. From my experience black guys are not checking for me AT ALL. No replies, even straight up Blocked me when I try to start a conversation:snoop:.
    Guess i will cast my net EVEN wider, Muhammed Bin Wadad Al-Baghdadi here i come!!!
    [​IMG]

Jdudre and Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  5. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    So why are all these black guys on these sites not wanting other black guys? Who are they wanting instead, and more importantly, why?

I understand this is happening...I just never have been on sites in a long time, and even then just a few, and I just don't recall seeing the 'no black guys' from black guys. I just don't get it?

None of the black guys replying, blocking other black guys, that experiment where they all responded to the white guys and NONE of them responded to the white guys? Why? I didn't see much 'no blacks' from white guys but that is probably due to the sites I have been on in the past, and this stuff is completely new to me and I only know of it because of this site.

I feel like doing my own experiment to find out why this is happening. And white men are no great prize either..trust me. White gay men are just as f@cked up as anyone. Lots of crazy, nasty, lying, and just downright evil white gay men out there.

6. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I think this last statement is exactly why many black men are upset with Interracial Dating, especially when there are already so few of us out there to choose from. There's an old saying, "White Ice is Colder" which means certain black people think hat white people offering the same services as a black person somehow makes that service better. This applies to dating with some men.

No matter WHY they are doing it, it doesn't concern me. it could be from experience, personal preference, fetishizing white men, wanting less drama than they've experience with black men, who knows. Its their life, is what I say.

What's more interesting to me is the people who are so against interracial dating. It doesn't affect them. At all.

And people like the commentor on BGClive who said he used to love but now dislikes our site because were were not against Interracial Dating are debated people in the comments section on the topic. Even though 95% of the images and discussions on the rest of the site is about Black Gay Men dating and Marrying one another. I don't get it. The mere topic is that offensive?

But I agree with @Ockydub, as a single man I wouldn't want to date either one of the aforementioned groups of people so its best they let me know how they feel up front.

alton dapped this.
  7. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Maybe I am just tired, but what are the aforementioned groups again? Blacks who only want to date non-blacks, and people who are against any interracial dating?

Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  8. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Yup...I guess you could include the non-blacks who DON'T want to date blacks too. Eliminating them may limit my options but I'm not interested in convincing anyone that they should date me unless its the process of natural courting.

OckyDub dapped this.