Dating Woes

Discussion in 'Dating and Relationships' started by LeMignon, Mar 11, 2018.

1. LeMignon

LeMignon Your Favorite Nephew
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    So I'm going through it with this guy I've been seeing, and frankly I could use some... brotherly support in the form of funny dating stories/real stories of how things worked out with the guy you like. It doesn't have to be funny, or even romantic. Just real

For those of you in fulfilling relationships, how did you get there? Like, what was the process and did y'all hit bumps in the road?

For people not in relationships, share some crazy situations that you've been in, dating-wise... and how you got out of them.

Open to all

2. DC.

DC.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Well I dont have any funny stories at the moment, However I would like to suggest that whatever your going through currently with the guy you may be seeing or involved in, ask yourself what are some of the things you would like to see changed or remedied in the situation with him? and don't be afraid to have (if you have not already) an open and candid conversation about what your expectations are that both of you may or may not have of your current situation.

And I've been in relationships in the past that have had their fair share of fulfillment. You definitely will go through some bumps in the road, you just have to ask yourself what is considered a "bump" for you and whats considered a "car accident" if you understand what I mean. If he's someone who has good open communicative dialogue with you and you both are able to respectfully express how you feel with each other which usually leads to an agreed upon resolution towards the end of the conversation, then I believe that's how you know you've got somewhat of a keeper on your hands.

Artistic Arsonist and LeMignon dapped this.
  3. Artistic Arsonist

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Well, my story is neither funny nor crazy.

Like DC said, communication truly is key. My ex and I lasted for a year and a half, and things started out great. But as schoolwork got heavier in my senior year, stress piled up and I was withdrawing. On top of that, I was getting bored with the relationship, but I never told him that because I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I know he had his complaints, too, but we never sat down and had an in depth conversation about how we felt. To make a long story short, he ended up cheating on me. Though we ended it after that, I was fine and didn't even care about the cheating. Then a few months later, it hit like a bullet to the heart.

Whatever's going on with you two, go ahead and talk about it. The discomfort of that conversation trumps the anger, sadness, and/or confusion of having unresolved issues. At best, it patches things up. At worst, it brings closure.

Caliblk and LeMignon dapped this.
  4. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    A fundamental reason why relationships fail or never start is that people are constantly talking out more than they put into relationships. That analogy can be used for just about everything...

5. LeMignon

LeMignon Your Favorite Nephew
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Wait, can you explain that? Talking out?

6. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    Oops, that meant to say take not talk.

I received advice right after I got married from my grandmother. She said, that I should view marriage like a Treasure Box, meaning its ok to take things from it but you have to also put things in it. She said, that one should never take more than they put into the treasure box. I think that could be applied to all relationships. If you take more than you put in the relationship is destined to fail. It a

Caliblk and LeMignon dapped this.