Best Posts in Thread: Don Lemon Demands More from Kevin Hart for His Previous Homophobic Behavior

1. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    This is why I have such a problem with the 'queer' label. It doesn't apply to me because I don't feel included into that mob that wants you to conform. Queer does not like masculine men. Feminine females are okay, because they are always idolized but males? Nope. You better swish, shashay, and talk with a lisp for them.

I am really over the whole thing.

Do I feel there is a point where people can be forgiven? Yes. I'll use Paula Deen as an example.

Because I could not possibly be surprised by a white person of a certain age having said anything negative about Black people at a certain period of time in public. We know they do it in private. We do it in private. Everyone is a little bit prejudiced and stereotype. She tried to apologize and keep it moving. She did that but I still think more wytppl got butt hurt over her than Black people. She's got a whole online channel now, her restaurants still have good food (I went after the debacle), and FoodTV still gives her credit on the recipes she has on their site today.

This is what I think will happen....he will reluctantly apologize again. The Oscar committee will table him and 3-10 years from now, barring any further scandals, he'll be asked to host again.

I never thought he was all that funny to begin with.

SB3, I-Stay-Woke, Winston Smith and 2 others dapped this.
  2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    There are tons of cases where celebs messed up, quickly apologized and all was forgiven (examples are listed in the Vulture article linked in the original post).

This question is kind of the whole point made in the previous thread on this topic. If Hart had just apologized quickly and showed regret/remorse, the backlash likely would have been over and done quickly. Instead he chose to get indignant, defensive, deflective and (like the above article states) make HIMSELF the victim.

3. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I agree with Don Lemon. Hart is trash. I don't want or need an apology from him. But I agree with anyone disputing the BS false narrative that he already apologized for all of his homophobic comments in the past.