Dragon Ball Z Composer Elected To Texas State Senate

Discussion in 'Television and Web Series' started by OckyDub, Nov 7, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

Anime fans might know Nathan Johnson for his work composing the score to a bunch of Dragon Ball Z episodes and movie dubs, but yesterday he put a very different feather in his cap: he was elected a state Senator in Texas.

Johnson, a Democrat, won 54% of the vote to beat out the incumbent, Republican Don Huffines. It’s not like he just suddenly jumped into office from composing—he’s a lawyer by trade—but this is still one of the coolest bio points in American politics.

“I’m feeling really excited about going to Austin with a much better legislative environment,” Johnson told The Texas Tribune following his victory. “Everything we tried to do and hope would happen, happened. We had a surge of turnout in disillusioned Democrats and success with winning moderate Republicans. I think that’s what put us over.”

That and some battle music.

Nigerian Prince and mojoreece dapped this.