Eddie Justice, Man Who Texted Mom During Orlando Nightclub Shooting, Confirmed Dead

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by Nick Delmacy, Jun 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    eddie-justice-mom.jpg

Orlando clubber who sent heartbreaking texts to mom confirmed as dead

Eddie Justice, 30, worked as an accountant and lived in downtown Orlando. He was killed at Pulse nightclub

• Mina Justice said she was outside gay nightclub Pulse Orlando trying to contact her son Eddie who texted her when the shooting happened
    • She said he asked her to call police before taking cover in a bathroom
    • His final text to her read: 'He has us, and he's in here with us'
    • Police said the gunman, Omar Mateen, shot dead at least 50 people and injured 53 others in a crowded gay nightclub in Florida early Sunday
    • Eddie, 30, was one of the 50 people who died in the mass club shooting
    • The gunman was then killed in a gunfight with SWAT officers
    • Police said the mass shooting is being investigated as an act of terrorism
    The petrified son who sent his mother texts telling her he 'loved her' as the marauding gunman opened fire inside Pulse nightclub has died.

Eddie Justice was trapped in a nightclub bathroom when he contacted his mother Mina for the last time in a series of messages.

The City of Orlando has now confirmed he was one of the 50 partygoers who were shot dead by Islamic extremist Omar Mateen on Sunday morning.

Mina Justice speaks to a reporter discussing texting her son who was in a bathroom at Pulse. Today the authorities have confirmed he was one of the 50 partygoers who were shot dead

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eddie and Mina sent a number of texts to each other in the minutes before his death at Pulse nightclub

[​IMG]

Mina Justice is pictured outside the club as she waited to learn more. She said her son had been held hostage inside a women's bathroom as the terror unfolded

Eddie, who worked as an accountant, ran into the women's bathroom to escape Mateen but he and a group were cornered.

He asked Mina to call police as she arrived outside the Orlando gay nightclub in a desperate attempt to find her son.

Eddie then told her 'I'm gonna die' as Mateen discovered where he was hiding and took him and others hostage.

'Mommy I love you. In the club they shooting,' a text from Eddie Justice to his mother read.

'U ok,' she responded before her son wrote back 'trapp (sic) in bathroom.'

His mother then asked which club he was in and asked him to call her.

'Call them momm (sic). Now. I’m tell I’m bathroom. He’s coming. I’m gonna die,' Eddie wrote.

His mother then responded: 'They say stay them (sic) is anybody hurt. Which bathroom u in.'

Mina said she was going through hell as she stood outside the nightclub waiting to learn more information regarding the shooting.

'I think it’s all of them in the bathroom. I could hear a lot of people crying,' she told WOFL on Sunday as she recalled a phone conversation with her son.

The mother said at one point during her correspondence with Eddie, she made him get off the phone with her and text instead while she asked him questions because he was fearful he was going look at the shooter and get shot.

'He [Eddie] said, "He has us and he's fixin to kill us. That was it,"' the mother told the station.

[​IMG]

Mourners hold candles and banners referring to the social media hashtag "#NotInMyName" at Cal Anderson Park in Seattle on Sunday

[​IMG]

A couple hug in New York as people gather in front of a makeshift memorial to remember the Orlando victims

[​IMG]

Several hundred supporters, led by Laura Kanter, marched to Sasscer Park after a vigil at Calle Cuatro Plaza in California

[​IMG]

Politicians and a large community crowd attend a vigil at Pride Center at Equality Park in south Florida held in response to the massacre at Pulse Nightclub in Orlando

[​IMG]

Imam Zakeriya addresses the crowd at a vigil at Pride Center at Equality Park in south Florida

Mina and a dozen family and friends remained outside at a hotel that has become a staging area for relatives awaiting news on Sunday. But today their worst fears have been realized.

Mateen burst into the nightclub at around 2.00 local time armed with an assault rifle, handgun and explosive device.

Witnesses said he fired relentlessly - 20 rounds, 40, then 50 and more. In such tight quarters, the bullets could hardly miss. He shot at police. He took hostages. Around 5am, authorities sent in a SWAT team to rescue them, Police Chief John Mina said.

The shooter exchanged gunfire with 14 police officers at the club, which had more than 300 people inside.

Police said US citizen Matten, shot dead at least 50 people and injured 53 others before being killed by police in what authorities described as a 'domestic terrorism incident'.

At least two police pickup trucks were seen taking what appeared to be shooting victims to the Orlando Regional Medical Center.

Pulse Orlando posted on its own Facebook page around 2.00: 'Everyone get out of pulse and keep running.'

The incident follows the fatal shooting late on Friday of 22-year-old singer Christina Grimmie, who was killed after a concert in Orlando.

[​IMG]

Omar Mateen shot dead 50 people and injured dozens more in the worst mass shooting on US soil

[​IMG]

Federal and local law enforcement remove evidence from two Treasure Coast homes that are linked to the Orlando nightclub shooter, 29-year-old Omar Mateen

[​IMG]

The FBI, the Florida Division of Law Enforcement, St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office and Fort Pierce Police Department, seen at the Port St. Lucie home where they say Omar Mateen lived, and the home he shared with his parents

[​IMG]

Orlando Police officers direct family members away from the shooting at Pulse Orlando nightclub in Orlando

[​IMG]

A woman covered in blood is pictured standing outside Pulse Orlando of the shooting which is being investigated as a 'domestic terrorism incident'

[​IMG]

Police said the gunman shot dead about 50 people and injured 53 others before being killed by police in what authorities described as a 'domestic terrorism incident'

[​IMG]

Bystanders wait down the street from Pulse Orlando. Dozens of police vehicles, including a SWAT team, swarmed the area around the club

Kevin James Loibl, 27, killed himself after he shot her dead. Grimmie was a YouTube sensation and former contestant on 'The Voice.

On Saturday, Pulse nightclub had posted on their Facebook announcing they were putting on a 'Latin Night.'

Another post advertising the night read: 'Calling all our Latinos, Latinas & everyone that loves a little Latin flavor! It's time to party tonight! Here's a little something to play while getting sexy tonight!'

The club posted on its Facebook page around 2am: 'Everyone get out of pulse and keep running'

Just before 6.00, the club posted an update: 'As soon as we have any information we will update everyone'

Around the time for closing during early hours on Sunday, witnesses recalled a man walking in before gunshots rang out through the club.

Jon Alamo said he was at the back of one of the club's rooms when a man holding a weapon came into the front of the room.

[​IMG]

On Saturday, the nightclub had posted on their Facebook they were putting on a 'Latin Night' and invited club-goers to come party. Then around closing early Sunday, witnesses recalled a man walking in and gunshots ringing throughout the club

[​IMG]
    The club posted on its Facebook page around 2am: 'Everyone get out of pulse and keep running'

[​IMG]
    Just before 6am, the club posted an update: 'As soon as we have any information we will update everyone'

'I heard 20, 40, 50 shots,' Alamo said. 'The music stopped.'

Club-goer Rob Rick said it happened around, 2.00, just before closing time.

'Everybody was drinking their last sip,' he said.

He estimated more than 100 people were still inside when he heard shots, got on the ground and crawled toward a DJ booth.

A bouncer knocked down a partition between the club area and an area in the back where only workers are allowed. People inside were able to then escape through the back of the club.

Police did not immediately name the gunman or provide a possible motive for the attack but officials have classified the rampage as a 'domestic terrorism incident'

Javer Antonetti, 53, told the Orlando Sentinel he was near the back of the dance club when he heard gunfire.

'There were so many (shots), at least 40,' he said. 'I saw two guys and it was constant, like "pow, pow, pow."'

Christopher Hansen said he was in the VIP lounge when he started hearing gunshots.

He continued to hear shooting even after he emerged, where police were telling people to back away from the club. He saw injured people being tended to across the street.

'I was thinking, are you kidding me? So I just dropped down. I just said please, please, please, I want to make it out,' he said.

'And when I did, I saw people shot. I saw blood. You hope and pray you don't get shot.'

[​IMG]

An emotional woman waiting outside Orlando Regional Medical Center is pictured as she stands among a group of others waiting

[​IMG]

2. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I was just going to make a post in that other thread about how the guy did not make it out. This is beyond horrible. Just agonizing really.