"Enjoy Your Youth" - What Does That Mean To You?

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Nigerian Prince, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I've been told more than one time or another on the boards or in real life to "enjoy your youth".

What does that mean to you guys in the context of living in this day and age? When talking about establishing friendships, dating, sex, relationships, going out, etc?

2. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3

Daps Received:
    It means live in the moment. The youth part is always subjective.

For u, specifically, it means STOP FUKN WAITING and start participating.

3. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux

Daps Received:
    For me,it means do the stuff that future responsibilities may prevent.I have things I wish I'd done more in my teen years,and I don't want to enter my next decade with those same reflections.Some of my more long term friends are married and starting families,so that's already cut off some possibilities,but I can say this year has turned into the year I've been waiting to have since I was like 15 or 16.

Nigerian Prince and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  4. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:

All of this.

Enjoy your youth doesn't necessarily mean to be a hoe, not that there's anything wrong with that. But it means you're at a point where your responsibilities are at there lowest point ever, that fine line where you're a legal adult and independent but the stuff you have to do isn't so heavy that it's holding you back.

Travel, kiss people, eat the crazy food, skinny dip in the ocean , make a funny snap chat, etc. Enjoy the freedom before you're bounded by vacation days, mortgages, relationships, kids, etc.

Nigerian Prince, Sean P and DreG dapped this.
  5. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I think the phrase enjoy your youth calls on you to recognize that life is finite. In the grand scheme of human life, we the years we are given is relatively short. Don't flounder that time. Time is the great equalizer. It is the source that everything else follows, love, sex, work, family, friends, etc. So many people prioritize the future instead of living in the moment and for today. Enjoy your youth means do the things that you want to do while you can. So many people save for retirement and make plans for a future that may not even come to fruition. Sure you can travel when you are older but it gets harder when you approach advance age. Sure you can be promiscuous but it gets harder the older you get. Also, as you age, you take on greater responsibility, whether its taking care of kids or aging family members or being responsive to your employees...no one wants to end up like Donald Trump, the man-child.

Nigerian Prince and DreG dapped this.
  6. Aejae

Aejae Socially Awkward Aejae
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    People keep telling me that as well "You need to get out the house," "you need to get more friends," "you need to enjoy yourself." For me, honestly, I can one has to have an interesting personality, and I have to be content with myself allowing myself to enjoy myself out the house, but it's so hard. I feel like I'm like one of the very few in my family whose low key. I wish I was naturally more outgoing.

7. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I think "enjoy your youth" can go one of two ways.

1) Realize that it's easier to do stuff now than when you're older. I think most people interpret that to mean traveling, being a thot. Etc.

2) The other side of that is don't stop yourself from doing something you really want to do because you think you're too young. If you really want to make huge decisions like do a 7+ year doctoral program, have kids, or get married, that's your prerogative too. Live for yourself. Because this is the earliest you'll ever have the opportunity to make decisions on your own. Don't let anybody's expectations change what you really want to do.

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  8. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Loving all of these responses! As I've grown more comfortable in my sexual orientation but just as a human being in general, I've taken more chances and I have become more personable and I've been able to get out of the house more and meet more people. Nothing is perfect but I will definitely take all this and apply it in one way or another in my life. Life is short and we all should enjoy it while we can!

9. Boaxy

Boaxy SO FIERCE
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Nothing. I've always had a conflicting on/off switch with my maturity. I'm mature for my age intelligence wise, like I was born in the 90s and know about stuff I shouldn't.

But I'm very much like Michael Jackson and my black ass does have Peter Pan syndrome, and not afraid to admit it.

Goldentree dapped this.