Eric Dickerson Surprised Colin Kaepernick's reps release statement to address "false narratives"

Discussion in 'Sports and Athletes' started by OckyDub, Oct 11, 2019.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Yeah Kaep needs to move on.

2. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Dude go to another country and play if all you want to do is play.

3. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I'm not well-versed with sports but what is he trying to prove exactly?

4. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    What's already been proved but I do feel bad for him though.

Juan-Carlos dapped this.
  5. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    To be fair, the NFL is an entertainment business and TONS of qualified & talented lose work all the time, especially in athletics. I agree that if all he wants to do is play ball, Arena Football League or overseas teams would gladly take him. I think (as stated in the video) Kaep and his team are trying to almost guilt/shame the NFL to hire him again. I get it though, you were once an NFL player, the urge to to return to the NFL...but just like the actor who used to be starring in blockbuster movies, eventually your star falls and you may have to do local car commercials or off Broadway theater just to keep working.

Winston Smith and OckyDub dapped this.
  6. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Or he can just make an OnlyFans account....

7. Juan-Carlos

Juan-Carlos Opps are dealt with by a savage Thanos snap. HNY
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:

In my opinion, I think the motivation was more for the public and those who support him to show that his team did make an earnest effort with the League and they aren't considering his reentry into the NFL though deserving. I agree he can play with a league OOC if they would have him or offer. Though former professional league athletes that play outside of the country get an opportunity to play they are usually unfairly considered "washed up " Kap has the ability and talent and I agree the Jets or the Steelers could use his skillset. I'm dumbfounded how his stance and respectful gesture was spinned to an unpatriotic act that cost this man's football career.

mojoreece dapped this.
  8. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    This is actually the easiest thing to understand actually...and they briefly talk about it in the video posted above. With so much associated with the flag and the national anthem (ie: Patriotism, support for Military active duty and veterans, etc), taking a knee was def going to be controversial. A better question is since so many others took knees in support of Kaep, yet kept their jobs, why was he singled out? Because he was the first? Because he's been outspoken? Who knows...

mojoreece and Winston Smith dapped this.
  9. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    All valid points. But since there was a undisclosed settlement between him and the NFL why is this even still a discussion topic? Both sides agreed to terms, and negotiations had to include the issue of a possible return. Plus, he’s a toxic choice for any team. It’s not an issue of whether you agree with his stance (I do), just a recognition of reality. If some team were to give him a chance, he would be such a lightning rod for Trump, Fox News, etc. he would be a financial distraction.

As a side note/discussion, I like how the NFL chose Shakira and JLo for possible Super Bowl entertainers. They get to reject black “troublemakers” while still claiming they support “non-whites”. This is why I always thought that phrase “people of color” is ridiculous for blacks to use. We act like Hispanics, Asians, etc. all have the same issues/wants as us and should be lock-step with every grievance we bear. Groups look out for their own interests and in the end, non-black lives (naturally) matter more to non-black people.